Technical Writer, fwd lending controls groupApply Now Apply Later Job ID 108129 Date posted 10/29/2018
Technical Writer, fwd lending controls group-(108129)
Homeward Residential, Inc. (Homeward), a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial, provides a wide spectrum of loan origination services to homeowners, mortgage lenders and mortgage investors. We provide our customers with fast, accurate and innovative solutions—and maintain a culture in which our customers and associates are treated with courtesy, dignity and respect. As the lending arm of Ocwen, Homeward assists in the retention of the Ocwen customer base of approximately three million home owners. Homeward is planning for aggressive growth in its lending business across multiple channels, including consumer direct, correspondent and broker. We are looking for experienced mortgage professionals in sales, operations and capital markets who have a passion for delivering the highest level of customer care while working in a growing, fast-paced lending business.
Policy and Procedure Technical Writer
Are you a Technical Translator? Do you have a knack for taking complex and technical information and breaking it down for end users from all levels in the organization? Do you enjoy gathering data, observing processes, interviewing subject matter experts to create user guides, reference materials, and training documents? As a Policy and Procedure Technical Writer, you would be the primary lead in this effort. Come share your talents with us!
- Responsible for creation, maintenance, and publishing of departmental policies, procedures and technical documents (business/functional requirements, instructional materials, online help, procedural guides, product descriptions, etc.) for use by business end users.
- Organize and facilitate work sessions with subject matter experts including side-by-side observations to ensure thorough processes are captured.
- Conduct research by interviewing subject matter experts, reviewing existing documentation, and gleaning information from the system or product being documented.
- Manage periodic updates to existing documentation to ensure it reflects current practices, including management of yearly renewal cycles
- Translate information of medium to high complexity into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences.
- Participate in business requirements, functional design, testing, and architecture work sessions, as requested.
- Maintain internal documentation library edit and revise as needed. Follows documentation projects through to completion, including approval sign off, loading into production, and archival
- Gather usability feedback from end-users.
- Conduct gap analysis of existing documentation.
- Travel 25%-30%, if required
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- 2 plus years of experience in technical writing and editing or in public relations/communications.
- 2 plus years of Mortgage Industry Experience
- Excellent written communication skills to clearly execute technical information.
- Degree in English, communications, technical writing, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Knowledgeable about the Documentation Development Life Cycle (DDLC)
- 4 plus years of experience in mortgage industry.
- 4 plus years of experience in technical writing and editing or in public relations/communications.
- Ability to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word/Word Templates, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
Ocwen Financial Corporation, our affiliates and subsidiaries (“Ocwen”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ocwen and its affiliated companies recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship and veteran or disability status, or any factors prohibited by law.
Primary Location :
Other Locations :
West Palm Beach-Florida-United States
US Business Unit
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting :
Nov 09, 2018, 01:23:29 PM