Coordinator, Contract ManagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 108075 Date posted 11/02/2018
Coordinator, Contract Management-(108075)
Ocwen is intensely focused on hiring, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry! Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion ensures that we are an organization that creates, promotes and sustains an inclusive work environment in which diversity, inclusiveness and respect are integral parts of our culture and work environment. Building the reputation as an outstanding place to work, a great business partner and a valued community member is our everyday endeavor.
Ocwen’s mission is to delight our customers through caring service and innovative lending solutions. We proudly serve over 1.3 million families with their mortgage needs by helping to find real solutions that benefit our customers and help to build stronger communities. Helping Homeowners is What We Do!®
Consider an opportunity to join our global team and put “Caring in Action” while growing your career.
The Contract Management Coordinator / Affidavit Team member is responsible for the timely review and execution of legal documents drafted by outside legal counsel. The duties of this job require a high degree of detailed analysis and maintaining established standards of quality for documents with both financial and legal terminology used in legal proceedings. Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results are necessary skills for successful job performance.
- Review and execution of a variety of documents for court proceedings pertaining to servicing mortgage loans., (documents such as affidavits (sworn statements), declarations, complaints (petitions to commence first legal), deeds, Certification of Proceeds, Pleadings, Proof of Claims, Loss Mitigation Affidavits, Real Estate Owned (REO) supporting documents, etc. These documents are required in support of the Foreclosure proceedings, Bankruptcy proceedings, and REO transactions.
- Notarization of legal document while ensuring you meet all state notary guidelines
- Review and confirm the accuracy of documents drafted by outside counsel
- Ensure all the steps taken during the verification, execution and notarization of documents are in compliance with Ocwen’s policies and procedures, state and federal laws
- Communicate with investors; vendors, attorneys, other business units teams, Ocwen’s legal and senior leadership to manage cases toward resolution
- Produces error free work material by assuring data and documents are consistent, error-free, formatted properly, and compliant to Ocwen, investor, state and federal verbiage requirements
- Associates must be able to adhere to the training plan and certification processing order to become proficient in all and every document handled by contract management
- Partner with internal and external counsel to ensure documents are completed correctly
Identify, research, and resolve document discrepancies
- May be called upon to testify on behalf of Ocwen in legal proceedings regarding executed documents
- Navigate effectively through the system of record to ensure all information within all documents are verified in a timely manner
- A team-player: Work with co-workers to assist in achieving department goals
Key Result Areas:
- Maintain department quality standards
- Meet or exceed individual departmental standards
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited University in areas such as Business, Finance, Economics, Political Science, Law is preferred
- The ideal candidate has Mortgage Loan Servicing experience, with emphasis in Foreclosure and/or Bankruptcy processing
- Knowledge of the Foreclosure process (Complaint, Affidavit of Debt, Substitution of Trustee, Foreclosure Deeds, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of the Bankruptcy process (Proof of Claim, Motion for Relief, Reaffirmation Agreements, etc.) preferred
- Foreclosure and/or Bankruptcy terminology
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- State Notary required (Will be paid by company)
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask
- Financial Knowledge preferred
- Organizational and time management skills (ability to prioritize efficiently)
- Good problem solving skills
Ocwen Financial Corporation, our affiliates and subsidiaries (“Ocwen”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ocwen and its affiliated companies recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship and veteran or disability status, or any factors prohibited by law.
Primary Location :
West Palm Beach-Florida-United States
US Business Unit
Job Posting :
Nov 02, 2018, 10:35:10 AM