The Correspondent Sales Specialist (CSS) supports the sales efforts of a team of Regional Sales Executives (RSE) and a Strategic Sales Executive (SSE) within each Division reporting to the VP of Correspondent Sales. The CSS is responsible for assisting with new client prospecting and training, business development with existing clients, and the overall growth of their team's Correspondent volume while reducing risk to the organization. This position also provides support to PHH's internal partners and supports the business unit's efforts to meet and exceed annual goals.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Support VP of Correspondent Sales' initiatives and goals for the Division, as directed by the SVP, Head of Correspondent Lending
- Manage relationships of specific clients in territories as directed by the VP of Correspondent Sales. Specifically with activating dormant approved accounts
- Support RSE's and SSE with select prospecting efforts as instructed
- Counterparty Approval- support approval of new clients, follow up on outstanding conditions, and assist in client recertifications
- Become Subject Matter Expert (SME) of TPO Connect, Encompass and Sales Force applications.
- Conduct new Correspondent client trainings
- Partner with Operations and Post Closing to manage risk to the organization by assisting in collecting insuring documents, assist with repurchases, and partner with RSE's and SSE's in collecting outstanding billing amounts in a timely manner set forth by the VP of Correspondent Sales
- Actively maintain repurchase and uninsured loan database for the Division
- Assist RSE's and SSE with marketing efforts to prospects and existing clients
- Act as a primary relationship backup while RSE's and SSE are unavailable (attending a conference, business travel or on PTO)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Minimum of 3 -5 years of mortgage sales experience or experience in a related field
- Strong customer service background and experience building interpersonal relationships
- Proficiency in engaging with salespeople and supporting associates
- Proficiency in mortgage lending operations
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Desire to work in a team environment within each Divison
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to plan and organize projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Must possess good judgment, leadership and business skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to be a creative, flexible and innovative team player
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.