The Analyst, Tax Services performs job functions relating to reviewing the servicing portfolio for accurate and timely payment of real estate tax, ensuring compliance with all state, federal, and investor requirements.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process loan level disbursements related to tax installments to applicable taxing authorities.
- Perform tax research on escalated loan level issues/concerns received.
- Responsible for making back search calls as requested and processing payments for current and delinquent taxes
- Responsible for researching and clearing liens that could take priority over the mortgage lien
- Review departmental control reporting to ensure compliance with internal and external guidelines.
- Perform reconciliations, control functions, and compile special projects where analysis of tax data is required.
- Perform variety of basic tax clerical duties by following instructions and procedures.
- Complete research items within 48 hours of receipt.
- Process and release tax installments timely per applicable guidelines.
- Review and remediate all control reporting data anomalies within managements prescribed timelines.
- High School Diploma
- Ability to work independently
- Outstanding communications skills (including verbal, written and listening skills)
- Problem solving and decision making abilities
- Well organized, paying close attention to detail
- Execute and prioritize multiple tasks
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to build relationships (respect, trust, consensus)
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Our Service Excellence philosophy is: We consistently deliver on our commitments to customers, clients, investors, and colleagues through caring service, integrity and creative solutions. This philosophy is embraced by achieving our CARE service standards, which stands for Caring, Accurate, Responsive and Empowered. As a service organization, PHH firmly embraces this philosophy and recognizes that our collective success is an outgrowth of our employees, processes, and focus on operational execution and service delivery. As a member of the PHH team, you will receive tools, training and support to help deliver on our service objectives. Within our Service Excellence philosophy, we expect all employees to interact and engage our colleagues and our customers with respect, courtesy and professionalism; and achieve results consistent with our CARE standards.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.