The Specialist, Property and Hazard Insurance of the Hazard Insurance Department directs the day to day operations of the insurance, loss draft, and vacant property claims functions. The Hazard Insurance Specialist must develop strong working relations and collaborate with the hazard insurance and loss draft vendors, investors, co-workers and key stakeholders.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Review hazard insurance lines for accuracy of set-up
- Review loss draft claims to ensure the vendor is following process & procedures.
- Identify and resolve hazard insurance & loss draft exceptions/trends.
- Solves problems rapidly and cost-effectively with minimal disruption
- Research and resolve hazard insurance issues.
- Respond to inquiries from the hazard insurance vendor & internal departments.
- Assist with the completion of cash functions, including wire transfers to our vendor.
- Assist in the completion of special projects and seasonal projects, as needed.
- Meet all required deadlines and think outside the box to solve problems
Key Result Areas:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems
- Well organized, paying close attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
- Ability to meet the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality service
- Rapidly adapts to changing information, conditions and/or unexpected obstacles
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Experience in mortgage servicing or other financial services field preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.