The analyst is responsible for the processing various tasks involved with servicing of Reverse Mortgage Loans and assisting in efficient handling of the servicing functions. This position requires the ability to work in a collaborative/team environment aimed at continuous improvement while always meeting or exceeding expectations.
The Conventional / Agency Claims team handles GSE or PHH-MS mortgages, which have gone through a disposition post delinquency. These dispositions (Foreclosure sale, Deed in lieu, Short sale, Third Part Take out or Charge off) are the triggers for an advance reimbursement claim to be filed with the investors - GSEs (Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae) or PHH-MS
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage advance reimbursement claims filing and all other associated activities to GSEs (Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae) and PHH-MS on loans triggered through a disposition. These activities include but are not limited to:
- Construct Tax & Insurance, corporate advance history of the loan utilizing and researching data from Reverse Quest, prior servicer applications or other sources as applicable
- Reconcile advance transaction history against outstanding advance balances in the applicable receivable GLs (General Ledger Accounts)
- Manage the process of advance transactions reimbursable by the investor according to GSE/PHH-MS guidelines
- Source all required documentation from Reverse Quest or other sources available. If documentation is not received via any system, reach out to the BU and prior servicer where applicable, who incurred the expense to get the documentation
- Keep track of such documentation requests and escalate to management in cases of non-availability of documents and subsequent risk of claim denial
- File the claim on the investor portal with sufficient documentation and information as required by the GSE/PHH-MS guidelines
- Process denied claims and submit supplemental claims to GSEs/PHH-MS as applicable after researching the denial reason and investor guidelines with compelling reasons
- If no recourses remain to get reimbursed by the investor, prepare loss claims to be submitted to prior servicers and/or vendors for bill backs.
- Analyze & reconcile the outstanding advances & payment posted efficiency & timeliness in Reverse Quest
- Manage offshore staff to perform daily duties.
- Liaison with onshore counterpart to establish a streamlined process and ensure process SLA are met.
- Lead, manage and motivate staff to meet or exceed organizational objectives.
- Assist Business in setting up the Default Claims Reverse Servicing operations.
- Set comprehensive goals and objectives for the operations team.
- Provide necessary coaching and development to team members to drive performance and establish action plans to address under performance.
- Identify overall improvement opportunities in within the Reverse Servicing operations and develop appropriate project initiatives to accomplish organizational improvements.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly communication to team members regarding goals, key drivers, procedural changes, and important company messages.
- Prepare and present monthly operational review reports to the Director.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Knowledge of MS-Office
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Candidate should have prior financial services / consumer lending/ mortgage servicing experience
- Cashiering, Investor Reporting or Investor Accounting experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to develop reports, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to work effectively with global cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and adapt to constantly changing business environment
- The ideal candidate will be self-confident and goal oriented
- Customer oriented individual
Work Schedule: Night Shift
Headquartered in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen and its subsidiaries are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.