The Coordinator, Customer Service is a call center phone agent position within the Company's forward mortgage servicing business. This position reports to a Team Lead, Customer Service and works independently on a team located in the West Palm Beach, FL or Mount Laurel, New Jersey office. This position is responsible for answering incoming phone calls and resolving all customer inquiries on the Company's products and services while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and courteous customer service in all interactions, both internally and externally. Agents in this role are required to use scripting and adhere to investor servicing guidelines, internal policies and procedures.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Answer and handle incoming phone calls from customers regarding their mortgage loan; identify the reason for the phone call and provide the customer with an appropriate response and resolution
- Collaborate with internal departments and escalate as needed to resolve more complex questions
- Utilize required scripted materials to provide accurate solutions to customers
- Document all customer interactions in the Company's system of record
- Effectively navigate and use the team's user resource manual to locate information independently and assist with customer questions
- Use multiple Company applications simultaneously on multiple monitors including Black Knight, Speedpay, and CIV to complete required tasks
- Respond to internal emails and communications from the Team Lead and complete required job trainings in a timely manner
- Assist other departments with call handling needs as call volume dictates
- Meet the required departmental performance and metric standards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Experience with Customer Service Call Center technology is beneficial, but not required
- Must possess basic computer skills, including typing, navigating multiple systems simultaneously, basic computer set-up and have a proficient knowledge with email systems such as Outlook, and the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work independently in a remote and in-person environment
- Outstanding communications skills (including verbal, written and listening skills), with an emphasis on strong customer service and professional relationship building skills
- Problem solving and decision-making abilities, with attention to detail, organization and execution of multiple tasks
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Shifts and Schedules:
- Our call center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. ET, Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET. Scheduled work hours, or shifts, will fall into those timeframes. All customer service agents will be required to work a rotating Saturday and will have off one weekday during the workweek they are scheduled to work on Saturday.
- Shifts are subject to a changing rotation schedule. Employees in this role must be flexible and available to work during all listed business hours. Shifts are determined by business needs, the employee's performance standing, training and availability.
- This is a Hybrid remote/in-office position. Employee must be within commutable distance to the office location and available to work in the office as required.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Our Service Excellence philosophy is: We consistently deliver on our commitments to customers, clients, investors, and colleagues through caring service, integrity and creative solutions. This philosophy is embraced by achieving our CARE service standards, which stands for Caring, Accurate, Responsive and Empowered. As a service organization, PHH firmly embraces this philosophy and recognizes that our collective success is an outgrowth of our employees, processes, and focus on operational execution and service delivery. As a member of the PHH team, you will receive tools, training and support to help deliver on our service objectives. Within our Service Excellence philosophy, we expect all employees to interact and engage our colleagues and our customers with respect, courtesy and professionalism; and achieve results consistent with our CARE standards.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.