The Assignment Specialist is responsible for processing assignments of mortgage, reviewing chain of title and custody, reviewing and determining signing authority based on internal matrixes, execution and notarization of assignments, and responding to assignment inquires in a timely and courteous manner for Reverse mortgage loans. The role also provides a superior level of customer service to both external and internal customers.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Review, print, and execute assignments of mortgages to perfect chain of title, including follow-up for recorded documents
- Notarize documents executed in your presence
- Addressing email inquiries related to statuses for documents being processed or related to completed chain of title
- Cross-train to assist with other job functions within the division during periods of peak volumes or deadlines
- Reply to all internal and external requests for information timely, professionally and accurately.
- Work closely with the leadership team to prioritize business needs
- Provide support to external and internal process flows and requests
- Complete all assigned tasks from leadership
- High School Diploma, GED or Military equivalent
- One-year mortgage servicing or related experience
- Working knowledge of mortgage documents
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have good decision-making skills and ability to research & show initiative in solving problems
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to handle multiple & changing priorities
- Must have ability to work in and promote a team environment
- PC Experience - Microsoft Word & Excel required
- Effective time management to balance day to day tasks against short and long-term project deliverables
- Prior knowledge of residential mortgage servicing, related loan documents and Agency guidelines.
Conditions of Work:
- Long periods sitting in front of computer screen.
- Lifting banker's boxes with an average weight of 35 pounds.
- Overtime as needed.
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Our Service Excellence philosophy is: We consistently deliver on our commitments to customers, clients, investors, and colleagues through caring service, integrity and creative solutions. This philosophy is embraced by achieving our CARE service standards, which stands for Caring, Accurate, Responsive and Empowered. As a service organization, PHH firmly embraces this philosophy and recognizes that our collective success is an outgrowth of our employees, processes, and focus on operational execution and service delivery. As a member of the PHH team, you will receive tools, training and support to help deliver on our service objectives. Within our Service Excellence philosophy, we expect all employees to interact and engage our colleagues and our customers with respect, courtesy and professionalism; and achieve results consistent with our CARE standards.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.