The role of the Business Analyst of Loan Operations is to be responsible for the shared oversight, guidance and direction of three functional areas within Loan Operations - Loan Accounting, Accounting Controls, and Servicer Oversight/Claims Administration. Loan Accounting is responsible for the overall accuracy, calculation and dissemination of both data and cash gathered from primary servicing activities for all loans master-serviced by Ocwen. Accounting Controls is responsible for monitoring the control environment within Master Servicing and the related technology systems. Servicer Oversight/Claims Administration is responsible for ensuring that Primary Servicers are I compliance with Guide and Regulatory requirements and that all expenses reimbursed to the Primary Servicers and proceeds received are accurate and timely thereby mitigating losses to the Investor. Collaborate with other department leaders to define, prioritize and implement strategies to achieve process improvement and alignment across the entire Master Servicing organization and with Securities Administration.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies business intelligence needs and facilitates the creation of reports and other data products utilizing Master Servicing data.
- Presents data for end-user and management needs.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating and monitoring process improvements, reporting needs, quality control issues and facilitating and appropriate change initiative in relation to the project(s).
- Comprehends the general capabilities of information technology and applications well enough to identify opportunities for process redesign and improvement.
- Works closely with the information technology group to define application requirements that enable business processes.
- Participate in the identification of process and systems impact of new products/deal structures/front-end technologies in relation to all Business projects. Acts as a liaison with business users, technical personnel, Loan Operations projects and any other enterprise project or teams which impact or are impacted by the project(s).
- Develop and implement timely reporting of assigned team efforts to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Effectively manage workloads and work schedules.
- Participate in team and project meetings, plan and coordinate meetings as necessary.
- Coordinate and participate in regular planning/debriefing meeting with the business team(s).
- Any graduate in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, Computer Science, Engineering or similar degrees concentrating on mathematics or analysis
- Understands information management and general financial and accounting concepts
- Knowledge of loan servicing, in particular investor reporting and remitting or prior work experience in cash management
- Knowledge of the secondary mortgage market, foreclosure, and default management requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Access and Excel with excellent mathematical understanding
- Familiar with data mining tools and/or SQL
- Ability to use Access, Visio, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Knowledge of the SBO2000 or SBO.net Master Servicing software preferred
- Strong problem solver with proven ability to think creatively and seek optimal solutions
- Ability to translate concepts into action plans
- Diagnostic skills with the ability to analyze technical, business, and financial issues and alternatives
- Effective verbal (negotiating and presentation) and written communication skills
- Proven organizational skills, ability to effectively prioritize assignments and handle multiple projects/assignments
- Ability to read, understand, and analyze loan documents
- Decision making abilities incorporating the "big picture" as well as the details and a recognition of Ocwen's business objectives
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision and as part of a diverse team
- Ability to build and maintain effective business relationships, internal and external
- Ability to work well with associates, managers, and senior leaders
- Effective time management skills enabling achievement of deadlines in a timely manner
- A results-oriented team player demonstrating motivation for high-performance.
- Ability to identify areas for continuous improvement and make recommendations
Company: Ocwen APAC
Ocwen is intensely focused on hiring, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry! Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion ensures that we are an organization that creates, promotes and sustains an inclusive work environment in which diversity, inclusiveness and respect are integral parts of our culture and work environment. Building the reputation as an outstanding place to work, a great business partner and a valued community member is our everyday endeavor.
Ocwen's mission is to delight our customers through caring service and innovative lending solutions. We proudly serve over 1.3 million families with their mortgage needs by helping to find real solutions that benefit our customers and help to build stronger communities. Helping Homeowners is What We Do!®
Consider an opportunity to join our global team and put "Caring in Action" while growing your career.
Our Service Excellence philosophy is: We consistently deliver on our commitments to customers, clients, investors, and colleagues through caring service, integrity and creative solutions. This philosophy is embraced by achieving our CARE service standards, which stands for Caring, Accurate, Responsive and Empowered. As a service organization, Ocwen firmly embraces this philosophy and recognizes that our collective success is an outgrowth of our employees, processes, and focus on operational execution and service delivery. As a member of the Ocwen team, you will receive tools, training and support to help deliver on our service objectives. Within our Service Excellence philosophy, we expect all employees to interact and engage our colleagues and our customers with respect, courtesy and professionalism; and achieve results consistent with our CARE standards.
Ocwen and its subsidiaries are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.