The Curative Specialist is responsible for tracking and curing collateral document exceptions. This is accomplished by reviewing physical documents, the internal imaging system, county land records, and vendor sites to locate the necessary items. The Specialist will need to review the documents for accuracy and completeness, work with internal and external parties to remediate document issues and provide images to external parties via secure electronic methods and/or through shipment of the physical documents.
What PHH Offers:
- Hours are 7:30 am to 4:30 pm and requires working in our West Palm Beach office full time
- Pay $40,500 to $45,000 DOE + potential overtime
- Best in class industry benefits
- 401K with company match after 1 year
- Paid holidays + 2 floating holidays + 1 volunteer day per year
- 19 days of paid time off per year
- Tuition assistance
- Quarterly "Fun at Work" events
- Opportunity for yearly merit increase in compensation
- Career advancement opportunities after one year of service
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Within stringent timeframes, obtain, review for accuracy, and cure all document exceptions.
- Support the document curative processes through reporting and working with both physical documents and electronic images.
- Effectively collaborative with internal and external customers, as needed, to research, audit and respond to requests relating to the validity of a cited exception and/or the receipt of a required delivery.
- Research all available resources, i.e. imaging platforms, county websites, settlement agents, closing attorney's, etc. to obtain required documents and avoid vendor costs.
- Reconcile the delivered and missing document reports with internal and external customers to ensure all parties agree on status.
- Perform collateral duties and special projects as assigned.
- Work closely with the leadership team to prioritize competing business needs.
- Track statuses in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Leverage available software applications and tools to add efficiency and accuracy to daily workflow.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED or Military equivalent
- Demonstrate exemplary collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding and analytical interpretation of State and Federal regulations; legal contractual language dealing with Custodial, Agency, Investor, Trust, PSA, Transfer Instructions or Deal documents, etc. with ability to apply language/terms to current work demands as possible curative solutions/alternatives.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Access.
- Must possess effective communication skills both verbally and written.
- Demonstrable decision-making ability/analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results.
- Effective time management to balance day to day tasks against short and long-term project deliverables.
- Prior knowledge of residential mortgage servicing, related loan documents, and Agency guidelines.
- Conditions of Work:
- Long periods sitting in front of computer screen.
- Lifting banker's boxes with an average weight of 35 pounds.
- Overtime as needed.
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Our Service Excellence philosophy is: We consistently deliver on our commitments to customers, clients, investors, and colleagues through caring service, integrity and creative solutions. This philosophy is embraced by achieving our CARE service standards, which stands for Caring, Accurate, Responsive and Empowered. As a service organization, PHH firmly embraces this philosophy and recognizes that our collective success is an outgrowth of our employees, processes, and focus on operational execution and service delivery. As a member of the PHH team, you will receive tools, training and support to help deliver on our service objectives. Within our Service Excellence philosophy, we expect all employees to interact and engage our colleagues and our customers with respect, courtesy and professionalism; and achieve results consistent with our CARE standards.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.