The Assignment of Mortgage Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Team Lead of the Assignment team as well as completing assignment of mortgage documents. This team is made up of specialists who process assignments of mortgage by reviewing chain of title and custody, determining signing authority based on internal matrixes, and executing and notarizing the assignments. The Coordinator works closely with department leadership (mainly the Team Lead), assignment vendors, and staff at multiple locations, providing a superior level of customer service to both external and internal customers.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Review, print, and execute assignments of mortgage to perfect chain of title, including follow-up for recorded documents
- Notarize documents executed in your presence
- Partner with the Operations Leadership to prioritize the distribution of all assignment requests to the team to ensure all required deadlines are met
- Assists with monitoring team service level agreements to ensure assignments are executed or sent to third parties within the required time frames
- Works with vendor(s) to drive completion of outsourced assignment requests
- Maintains close relationships with internal business units which drive the work volume, including the foreclosure and bankruptcy teams
- Addressing email inquiries related to statuses of documents being processed or related to completed chain of title
- Assists with reporting and monitoring of control reports to ensure work is being completed
- Assists with training new team members
- Assist associates in defining individual development plans and yearly objectives
- Assists with special projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- 2-3 years of mortgage industry experience
- Demonstrate exemplary collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding and analytical interpretation of State and Federal regulations; Legal contractual language dealing with Custodial, Agency, Investor, Trust, PSA, Transfer Instructions or deal documents, etc., with ability to apply language/terms to current work demands as possible curative solutions/alternatives
- PC literate with MS Office proficiency along with Access Database awareness
- Effective oral and written communication skills within all personnel levels both internal and external
- Ability to listen effectively, utilize deductive reasoning & negotiation skills resulting in timely professional feedback at all levels
- Strong organizational skills that support flexibility in a fast paced, multi tasked, high priority results driven environment
- Demonstrable decision-making ability/analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results
- Conditions of Work:
- Must be able to lift and carry up to a 35 lbs box with reasonable accommodations.
- Flexibility to work hours to meet required deadlines.
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Our Service Excellence philosophy is: We consistently deliver on our commitments to customers, clients, investors, and colleagues through caring service, integrity and creative solutions. This philosophy is embraced by achieving our CARE service standards, which stands for Caring, Accurate, Responsive and Empowered. As a service organization, PHH firmly embraces this philosophy and recognizes that our collective success is an outgrowth of our employees, processes, and focus on operational execution and service delivery. As a member of the PHH team, you will receive tools, training and support to help deliver on our service objectives. Within our Service Excellence philosophy, we expect all employees to interact and engage our colleagues and our customers with respect, courtesy and professionalism; and achieve results consistent with our CARE standards.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.