Under the supervision of the Vice President of Operations, responsibilities include the development and management of the daily activities of the Retail Operations, including processing and off-shore support operations in India. The Director of Retail Processing must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the forward lending aspect of the mortgage industry. The Director of Retail Processing will oversee day-to-day operations, develop and execute strategies for attaining the company business goals, coach and provide individual feedback to direct reports and their staff with the intent of driving desired business results, and is accountable for achieving targets on corporate and department level metrics. The Director of Retail Processing will participate in the planning and execution, with the Vice President of Operations, Director of Underwriting, and/or with the Retail Sales Leadership team to design and implementing projects to ensure company’s success. JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage retail processing staff and overall pipeline of active loans
- Work with retail operations team, underwriting team, vendor partners and off-shore support leadership in further refinement of processes
- Work with all areas of retail processing team to determine daily, weekly, and monthly measurements by department and individual to perform evaluations
- Determine Capacity Model and Monitor Application Volume to determine staffing capacity to distribute resources where needed
- Continuously evaluate processes to determine operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Hire and terminate as necessary to meet capacity measurements
- Provide effective measurements and feedback to the Senior Vice President of Operations
- Partner with Controls team, to enhance LOS, procedure updates, and Training of all retail processing staff as needed
- Develop a clear line of communication and SLAs with sales, underwriting and closing / funding to meet daily, weekly, and monthly Funding Goals, cycle times, and NPS.
- Provide guidance and expertise to personnel on standard concepts and practices
- Interact with Operations, Human Resources, and other Management team on departmental issues
- Evaluate reports and processes to meet business goals and objectives
- Support the management of any internal and external audits of the company
- Assist internal/external Sales team, and internal operations staff
- Mentor staff in solving quality control issues
- Work with retail sales management, underwriting, vendor partners and support operations leadership on production and service issues and enhancements
- Assist direct reports in developing and facilitating department standards and procedures
- Other duties as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- 10+ years of prior management experience in a forward lending mortgage operations
- Thorough knowledge of retail mortgage operations processes to include processing, underwriting and closing
- Proven leader with a demonstrated record of success
- Detail oriented with superior follow up skills
- Ability to develop efficient processes and practices throughout Retail Operations
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with executives, peers, staff members (both on and off-shore) and vendor partners
- Ability to manage own time effectively and prioritize tasks for self/ retail operations team
- Must be able to delegate and work under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve production, cycle time and NPS goals
- Track, monitor and prepare report on departmental goals and objectives
- Ability to interact with all areas of the company
- Good customer service skills, attention to detail and reliable
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Lean Six Sigma exposure, certification a plus
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
Located in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.