The Mortgage Insurance Representative reports to the Mortgage Insurance Supervisor and must develop strong working relationships and collaborate with mortgage insurance carriers, investors, co-workers, customers and key stakeholders.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Review mortgage insurance lines for accuracy of setup.
- Process mortgage insurance disbursements on or before the policy renewal date.
- Per the Homeowner's Protection Act, process borrower requests for PMI cancellation and automatic/final termination events.
- Identify and resolve mortgage insurance and escrow exceptions.
- Research and resolve mortgage insurance issues.
- Provide support to customer service representatives concerning mortgage insurance issues and status.
- Assist in the completion of special projects and seasonal projects, as needed.
Key Result Areas:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems
- Well organized, paying close attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
- Ability to meet the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality service
- Rapidly adapts to changing information, conditions and/or unexpected obstacles
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Experience in mortgage servicing or other financial services field preferred
Training / Licensing Requirements:
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
Located in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.