Job Description Position Summary
This role supports the sales team by collecting missing documents that are needed to complete the loan package for submission to operations. Most interactions with the borrowers will be via email and phone calls. Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively to customers and internal business partners (Loan Officers and Loan Processors).
- Ability to follow established call scripting. Will not discuss rates or engage in any licensed mortgage loan officer activity.
- Track and sort the submission inbox
- Collecting credit card information to order home appraisal
- Keep accurate records and timelines of files received
- Responds to inquiries from both internal and external departments
- Maintain status and updates on all files received
- Excellent time management skills for multi-tasking required
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments, service levels, & manage priorities & workflow
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork & forms in a timely and accurate manner; prepares required forms
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and exercise good judgment and sound decisions
- Ability to effective present and communicate information both verbally and in written format
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and related software applications, which include but is not limited to: Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- High school diploma, GED or military equivalent experience required.
- 1-2 years of administrative work experience. Mortgage industry experience helpful, but not required.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of (or the ability to quickly learn) mortgage documents and terminology.
- Timely and punctual.
- Customer service skills, friendly and welcoming to potential customers.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
Located in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.