- Responsible for thoroughly reviewing, analyzing and interpreting all events and actions that did or did not occur on customers’ accounts that are in dispute, and to provide a fair and impartial assessment of the Company’s servicing of the loan.
- Responsible for working with the Company’s business units to fully understand their policies and procedures and the actions taken in relation to loans in dispute.
- Responsible for educating customers / regulators, management and consumer advocacy groups as to the details of the disputes, the resolutions and the Company’s policies and procedures as they pertain to the dispute.
- Responsible for providing a potential recommendation if needed to implement a resolution.
- Responsible for assisting with on-the-job training of new employees.
- Responsible for miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by departmental group leader, supervisor or manager, including but not limited to special projects.
- Achieving Efficiencies, TAT and Quality standards as defined by the BU.
- Resolve escalated customer inquiries requiring extensive follow-up and research.
- Responsible for managing the Ombudsman workflows and other related processes.
- Ensuring accurate and timely resolutions.
- Providing answers to loan related inquiries from customers and regulators
- Curing loan related disputes both written and verbally.
- Identify process breakdowns and suggest corrective measures
- Daily Time and Task Management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of fifteen years of education is a must
- Experience in handling complaints or escalations through emails/letters, problem solving, conflict management preferred
- Exposure to US mortgage industry would be an added advantage.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skill along with exceptional grammar & letter composition skill
- Good convincing and customer retention skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products including Word and Excel.
- Ability to process large volumes of information and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a keen ability to resolve complicated issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Comfortable with managing critical and time bound complaints
- Ability and Confidence to effectively communicate with Regulatory Bodies, Attorneys etc …
- Great Time Management Skills
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
Located in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.