Under the supervision of the Sr. Manager of Training, our Technical Writer will be responsible for assisting in working with the businesses, the instructional designers and the rest of the training team to develop training materials and content for the Lending businesses.
- Write consistent, concise, easy-to-understand, plain language procedures intended for new hire audiences.
- Create desktop procedures consistent with and resulting from regulatory, compliance, and legal changes.
- Work with business unit contacts to procedural updates are executed within compliant timeframes.
- Gather, assess and confirm interpretation of new and/or changing business practices.
- Maintain open communication with departmental contacts to monitor the effectiveness of existing desktop procedure documentation and to ensure the Corporate Training Team is kept abreast of procedural changes.
- Develop and maintain procedures adhering to the internally developed process.
- Develop, update, and maintain the desktop procedures in an online environment.
- Provide Instructional Designers / Trainers updates to ensure instructional material is being developed from the most current desktop procedures.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Working through others to meet strict deadlines and complicated deliverables
- Four year degree from an accredited University in Journalism, English or Communications, or equivalent related business experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in technical writing, software documentation and editing within a sales environment
- Mortgage banking or financial services experience preferred but not required
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation, paying attention to detail and the necessary sequence of the steps/procedures.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and translate for users with non-technical backgrounds
- Ability to adapt to working with changing technology and software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel)
- Ability to travel for trainings and off-site meetings. Minimal international travel may be required.
Company: Ocwen US
Ocwen is intensely focused on hiring, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry! Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion ensures that we are an organization that creates, promotes and sustains an inclusive work environment in which diversity, inclusiveness and respect are integral parts of our culture and work environment. Building the reputation as an outstanding place to work, a great business partner and a valued community member is our everyday endeavor.
Ocwen’s mission is to delight our customers through caring service and innovative lending solutions. We proudly serve over 1.3 million families with their mortgage needs by helping to find real solutions that benefit our customers and help to build stronger communities. Helping Homeowners is What We Do!®
Consider an opportunity to join our global team and put “Caring in Action” while growing your career.
Ocwen and its subsidiaries are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.