Job Description POSITION SUMMARY:
The incumbent will be responsible for the corporate accounting system of the company including policies, closing of books, legal entity reporting and will play a key role in the transformation of the finance function of the organization.
The successful incumbent will be a part of the ‘India Leadership Team’ (ILT) of the organization and will work closely with the local and global team in steering the company to the next level of growth. JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: •
Lead the day to day accounting and legal entity reporting function; ensure monthly closing process and account reconciliations are completed within the preset timelines.
• Partner and collaborate with Business Partners and Reporting Controllers, business/finance contacts and Subject Matter Experts to understand and resolve the US GAAP technical requests and queries and provide leadership accordingly.
• Coordinate with business partners (e.g. Controllers, Financial Reporting, etc.) to identify, develop and communicate additions or updates to accounting policies.
• Regularly compile updates and formulate opinions on emerging accounting issues for discussion with the CAO.
• Devise processes to cut down close timelines by process improvements and automation of information flow from the source to the accounting systems.
• Help in the development and maintenance of a system of internal controls that are Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliant.
• Direct and participate in special projects and process re-engineering efforts.
• Facilitate cost optimization through process improvements and providing inputs to management.
• In addition, the incumbent will help grow and mentor the finance team in India.QUALIFICATIONS:
• CA with 16 to 20 years of experience in finance and accounting domain.
• In-depth Knowledge of US GAAP accounting and SOX Compliance.
• In-depth knowledge and strong exposure of scrutinization of general ledger and accrual process.
• Strong knowledge of fixed assets accounting and maintenance of fixed assets register and records.
• Ability to lead Payroll function and related compliances.
• Awareness of the regulatory and legislative requirements.
• Experience in delivering change enabled by technology (automation).
• A successful track record of developing strong relationships across a broad range of leadership functions allowing the person to effectively influence and effect change.
• Must have very strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely translate technical accounting terms into simpler form.
• Must have a demonstrated and proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced deadline-driven and constantly changing environment.
• Strong people management, leadership and interpersonal skillsLEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES:
• Integrity – always do the right thing.
• Judgment – effectively deal with the gray.
• Transparency – open and honest communication; early escalation; no hidden agendas.
• Respect – treat others with dignity and be respectful.
• Resiliency – tolerate dynamic conditions without undue frustration.
• Pragmatic – stay calm, act with focus and purpose, even when facing challenge and uncertainty.
• Passion – demonstrate positive excitement and conviction for what you do and needs to get done.
• Ownership – take responsibility for everything in your organization even when it’s not your fault.
• Self-Motivation – personal drive to achieve, commitment to personal / organizational goals, initiative to act on opportunities and challenges, and optimism in the face of set-backs.
• Hunger – willing to throw head, heart and hands into the job.
• Humility – don’t have to be the smartest person in the room, give credit to others, willing to do any job to help the organization or team succeed.
• Desire to Win – super competitive yet understand that the competition is outside the building.
• Empathy – the ability to discern what someone else is thinking or feeling and then responding in some appropriate way.
• Independent Thinker – analytical, the ability to make sense of things based on one’s experiences and observations; not flustered by criticism or challenge and willing to stand for convictions.
• Intellectual Curiosity – passion for continuous learning and understanding “why”.
2-11 PM (IST)
Company: Ocwen APAC
Ocwen is intensely focused on hiring, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry! Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion ensures that we are an organization that creates, promotes and sustains an inclusive work environment in which diversity, inclusiveness and respect are integral parts of our culture and work environment. Building the reputation as an outstanding place to work, a great business partner and a valued community member is our everyday endeavor.
Ocwen’s mission is to delight our customers through caring service and innovative lending solutions. We proudly serve over 1.3 million families with their mortgage needs by helping to find real solutions that benefit our customers and help to build stronger communities. Helping Homeowners is What We Do!®
Consider an opportunity to join our global team and put “Caring in Action” while growing your career.
Ocwen and its subsidiaries are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.