This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Job ID: 1000008
The Servicing Accounting group within the Accounting Department has responsibility for maintaining day to day accounting of Business segments which includes accruals, closing of monthly books, reconciliations, completing reporting requirements, MIS, Analysis of various business transactions, providing accounting support to various business units as Servicing segment is the leading revenue contributor for the organization, developing and managing complex accounting transactions as per US GAAP, and assisting Internal and external auditors.
This position reports to the Manager, Servicing Accounting.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• End to End accounting of assigned business group which include monthly and quarterly accruals, closing, reporting and analysis of movement.
• Assistance with monthly/quarterly cash flows and roll-forwards for the segment handled
• Communication and coordination with various business units and developing procedures and establishing Service Level Agreements for new/existing transactions.
• Review monthly P&L and Balance Sheets for business segments and provide analysis and trends.
• Ensure monthly account reconciliations are completed timely and accurately.
• Handling internal audit and other compliances.
• Assistance with external audit requirements.
• Complete / assist in ad hoc financial projects for top management.
• Assistance with technical research on accounting for complex transactions.
• Leading SOX controls for the processes handled and ensuring how these controls could be converted into Preventive rather than being detective.
Key Result Areas:
• Deliver monthly/Quarterly financial statements with analytical reports to the top management;
• Ensure timeliness and accuracy in all reporting and analysis.
• Explore, and drive process efficiency measures, methodologies, workflows, tools, technology and applications for productivity improvements.
• Understand, apply and adherence to applicable Accounting Policies and Principles.
• Adherence to company policies and procedures, including Code of Business Conduct & Ethics and Corporate Values.
• Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory bodies.
• Maintains high standards of quality, accuracy, timeliness and reliability in the team.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant
• 2 or more years of experience, preferably with a large accounting firm
• Mortgage servicing industry experience a plus
• Experience in US GAAP a plus
• Good business writing skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Detail-oriented with the ability to work well under the pressure of external deadlines
WORK SCHEDULE OR TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (Only add if needed)
Mid shift from 1PM to 10PM.
Ocwen is intensely focused on hiring, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry! Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion ensures that we are an organization that creates, promotes and sustains an inclusive work environment in which diversity, inclusiveness and respect are integral parts of our culture and work environment. Building the reputation as an outstanding place to work, a great business partner and a valued community member is our everyday endeavor.
Ocwen’s mission is to delight our customers through caring service and innovative lending solutions. We proudly serve over 1.3 million families with their mortgage needs by helping to find real solutions that benefit our customers and help to build stronger communities. Helping Homeowners is What We Do!®
Consider an opportunity to join our global team and put “Caring in Action” while growing your career.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.