As part of the Commitment Desk, this person will act as the primary contact that outside customers have with the Correspondent Lending division. This role will work closely as a team with Operations, Underwriting, Funding, Capital Markets, and Sales to ensure the risk is mitigated; profitability is maintained and at the same time customer expectations, both internal as well as external is not only being met, but exceeded. The Primary job focus is answering the incoming customer phone lines and solving customer’s loan problems. Additionally, this person will be handling manual registration and pricing issues. This role is also responsible for assisting internal customers with problem resolution.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Assists customers with registering and locking individual mandatory and best effort flow commitments
- Execute Live Mini Bulk Bids Daily/ Ability to maintain a pipeline of 50+ Sellers Daily
- Directly work with Correspondents on Bulk Bids
- Allocate commitments within LOS
- Provide color execution to management
- Develops a full understanding of the correspondent lending product menu, product guidelines and product pricing and be able to discuss with and explain to customers
- Determine product eligibility and price loan commitments, while entering and/or changing loan data.
- Exercises and upholds the company’s policies and procedures in pricing commitments, extensions, re-pricing, and negotiations for the purpose of controlling the company’s exposure and hedging risks
- Researches and evaluates post funding adjustment request from correspondents, sales
- Handles escalated customer service issues, pricing exceptions and other special negotiations
- Resolves customer issues regarding registrations, pricing issues, loan delivery
- Managing extremely high call volume with varying degrees of urgency
- Special projects as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and experience:
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- High School degree, or equivalent, required. College degree preferred
- 4 years of experience working in a Call Center environment. Outside Sales, Retail, Customer Service experience preferred.
- Mortgage Banking, Banking, or Finance experience helpful
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, customer focused environment
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong math skills
- Ability to work closely as a member of a team
- Ability to learn internal computer software
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
- General work schedule (for shift roles)
Company: Ocwen US
Ocwen is intensely focused on hiring, developing and retaining the best talent in the industry! Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion ensures that we are an organization that creates, promotes and sustains an inclusive work environment in which diversity, inclusiveness and respect are integral parts of our culture and work environment. Building the reputation as an outstanding place to work, a great business partner and a valued community member is our everyday endeavor.
Ocwen’s mission is to delight our customers through caring service and innovative lending solutions. We proudly serve over 1.3 million families with their mortgage needs by helping to find real solutions that benefit our customers and help to build stronger communities. Helping Homeowners is What We Do!®
Consider an opportunity to join our global team and put “Caring in Action” while growing your career.
Ocwen and its subsidiaries are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.