Manager, Learning and Development - Direct Lending
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ, United States
Job ID: 1000200
The Learning and Development Manager is responsible for the management of the Direct Lending Learning program. The learning program is comprised of three core components: new hires technical training, continuous learning and leadership development. This role is designed to collaborate with the Direct Lending leadership and recruiting team members to continuously evolve learning solutions to align with business strategies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Manage a team of 10-15 trainers, coaches, technical writers, instructional designers and developers
- Supervisor day to day activities including allocating resources appropriately for training needs
- Oversight of the design and delivery of training solutions, ensuring content and delivery meets business objectives and compliance framework.
- Completing observation sessions for team players to proactively identify continuous improvement opportunities within the training program.
- Partner with department heads to align training priorities with business needs.
- Coordinate with recruiting to ensure alignment of capacity and learning needs
- Manage training LMS and online tools to ensure timely updates of required data.
- Participate in strategic initiatives to ensure user adoption to system/process changes.
- Analyze trends to proactively identify training opportunities (ex: increased in defect rates, decrease in pull through)
- Develop, implement and manage leadership development and continuous learning programs.
- Integrate and grow remote workforce culture.
- Facilitate workshops, meetings, learning groups and training courses.
- Identify external vendors and other initiatives to support development activities.
- Coach advise and/or guide employees on all aspects of L&D activities.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Experience with adult learning techniques.
- Strong analytical skills with experience of process orientation.
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of training delivery including design, delivery, and evaluation.
- Excellent facilitation, and leadership, skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Finance, or Business Management preferred
- Minimum of 3 years learning and development experience
- Experience of managing and coordinating projects
- Knowledge of Coaching methodologies
- 2+ years’ experience in Mortgage Originations/Operations preferred
Key Result Areas:
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management to ensure effective adoption of time-sensitive initiatives, identify deficiencies and opportunities for improvement
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required to provide guidance and recommendations to all leadership levels.
- Must be a forward strategic thinker constantly focused on shaping the company to meet and anticipate both near and long-term business issues
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and work under tight deadlines.
- Standardize new hire training
- Implement Leadership development and continuous improvement curriculum
- Enhance design and delivery of training solutions
- Ensures departmental performance standards are met or exceeded.
- Gives team players opportunities to develop their own expertise and delegates effectively to ensure shared responsibility for work output.
- Continually trains, motivates and develops staff.
- Controls attrition in the department and ensures levels are maintained as per company standards.
- Demonstrate and promote Core Leadership Behaviors.
- Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
- Maintain visibility within department to support corporate open-door policy.
TRAVEL / WORK SCHEDULE
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Access, Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, Visio)
- General work schedule will follow normal exempt role with the understanding extended hours, meetings and travel may apply