Reporting to the Director, Loan Processing, the Manager, Processing, will lead a team of processors to increase their skills, knowledge, and help them to achieve their individual goals. The Manager will also work closely with the Processing Management to identify areas that are in need of change, training, or updating, and helping to implement the required action. The Manager will also be available to assist in a resolution to issues that have been escalated and communicate with Loan Officers in regards loan files.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist processors with file level problems and issues to find a solution
- Point of escalation for Sales Management or Loan Officers who need help or have issues on loan files
- Onboarding/training of new employees as well as on-going training for current team members
- Coaching of team to help team improve and exceed all goals and expectations.
- Identify trends within the processor’s pipeline that need to be addressed or changed, and work with Processing Management to put together action plan for the processor
- May process loans as needed to help with time off, overflow and other business needs
- Help drive and ensure team work, high customer service and high quality
- Work on areas of the pipeline identified and complete any other tasks identified by Management.
- Ensure team members adhere to company policies and procedures, work with HR on employee issues, and complete end of year performance appraisals
- Meet or exceed both team production goals as well as SLA requirements
- Assign loan files and keep pipelines balanced
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- 5 years of mortgage processing experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Experience managing teams of 10 or more
- Must have NMLS license
- Demonstrated knowledge of mortgage guidelines, DU & LO, RESPA & disclosure requirements, loan closings, loan processing
- Encompass experience
- Proven leader & problem solver
- Must have excellent customer service, and people skills
- Must be able to measure team production & SLA goals and work with HR if a team member is falling short
- Ability to work with Excel
Training / Licensing Requirements:
Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.