The Director, Learning and Development leads the design and delivery of a comprehensive, highly effective learning and development program enabling the technical competence and subsequent human performance of our Mortgage Sales teams. This role owns the full continuum of learning for Sales teams from new hire through mastery, as it relates to their ability to provide Mortgage services to our customers. This role partners with business stakeholders to learn business requirements, analyze organizational performance issues, and derive learning needs, outcomes, and metrics to improve human performance and business results.
This role leads a team of Instructors and Coaches that designs, develops, and delivers learning solutions that enable the Sales learning and development program. Learning solutions will include a mix of instructor-led workshops, coaching frameworks, seminars, webinars, online courses, online tutorials, job aids, videos, games, simulations, informal learning, and other creative solutions as appropriate. This role also leads the process of designing and delivering assessments aligned with learning objectives, linking the assessment results to measures of competence and business outcomes, and reporting the results back to business stakeholders.
Critically, this role also leads the development and evolution of a learning culture that enables flexibility, adaptability, and change within the Mortgage organization. This role partners with peers inside the Organizational Excellence and Human Resources groups to lead, communicate, remove barriers to, and measure the results of change. This role builds a high-performance, data-driven learning and development team that models communication practices, change agency, accountability, and engagement for the Mortgage organization.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Define and execute a comprehensive curriculum delivering competent employees to the Sales teams from new hire through mastery
- Lead all aspects of curriculum delivery including third-party relationships, logistics, internal resources, and stakeholder engagement
- Lead, develop, and coach a team of Instructors and Coaches delivering a variety of learning interventions enabling the Sales teams
- Lead the analysis (competency, behavioral, task) of human performance and associated needs within Sales teams
- Define competence for target roles within Sales teams
- Create talent profiles across learning continuum for target roles within Sales team
- Define measurement framework for talent profiles
- Lead the process of designing and delivering assessments aligned with learning objectives, linking the assessment results to measures of competence and business outcomes, and reporting the results back to business stakeholders
- Socialize and align talent profiles with stakeholders and enabling partners
- Lead quarterly Sales Learning Council meetings to maintain relevance, alignment, and prioritization of talent profiles and programs
- Engage stakeholders to effectively manage ad-hoc projects, align with talent profiles, and select learning interventions
- Define and execute an evaluation framework measuring quality and effectiveness for our Instructors, Coaches, and learning solutions
- Develop and coach team to deliver performance-oriented, scenario driven instructional solutions
- Develop and coach team to deliver performance-oriented, behavior driven coaching solutions
- Manage the capacity and reach of Instructors and Coaches by leveraging creative, media-enabled learning solutions and rapid eLearning tools
- Partner with other teams to implement related, supporting, and broader learning programs and solutions
- Partner with teams from Operational Excellence, Human Resources, and other organizations to lead change efforts across the company
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Requires BS/BA in related discipline (e.g., Communications, Human Performance, Psychology) and 5-10 years of experience in related field (e.g., Training Management) OR MS/MA and 4-7 years of experience in related field. Will consider additional related industry experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in Training Management and Sales roles; Mortgage or Financial Services industry experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Master facilitator—able to coach and develop Instructors and Coaches, able to facilitate a train-the-trainer program, able to facilitate large, interactive meetings, able to facilitate challenging interactions and experiences with leaders
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple obligations simultaneously in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, complex execution environment and do so virtually across multiple functions and geographies.
- Demonstrated behaviors we seek: Communication, Facilitation of Learning, Presentation, Coaching, Customer Focus, Contributing to Team Success, Builds Strong Relationships, Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results, Continuous Learning, Builds and Motivates a High Performing Team, Builds Trust, Planning, and Managing and Measuring Work.
- Skills we seek: Sales, Adult learning theory, English grammar & writing, Psychometrics, Storytelling, HTML, Human Performance Improvement, Audio and Video production, and Performance Management.
- Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
- Builds Strong Working Relationships
- Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
- Customer/External Focus