Reporting to the Director, Lending Controls, this position provides reporting and analytics support to all levels within the Mortgage Lending teams, which includes running reports, analyzing data, managing projects, administering commissions, and handling ad hoc reporting requests from other departments including Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Compliance.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Manages all aspects of operational reporting and analytics for the Mortgage Lending.
- Define and analyze key metrics for all milestone stages during a life of a loan; identify operational gaps and deficiencies for process improvement opportunities.
- Reports key operational metrics and findings to management to assist in effective performance management and process improvement.
- Develops scalable automated management level dashboards and scorecards to provide benchmarking and progress against key goals.
- Coordinates and organizes the Monthly Business Review Powerpoint decks across all departments; prepares high-level presentations for the CEO, the Board of the Directors, and the investors as needed.
- Works closely with the Finance and Accounting in AP/Vendor Review, Monthly Accruals, Capacity Planning, and Annual budget/forecast process.
- Works with the finance, comp and management teams to calculate and submit monthly commission numbers for the Direct Lending teams.
- Provides project status updates and reports all assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Supports strategic projects implementation by reviewing installation plans, coordinating start-ups, documenting changes, updating procedures, and training sales advisors.
- Assists in other general department administrative duties as needed and assigned by the management team.
- Other duties as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- 2-3 years of financial/operational reporting in a sales and/or marketing department, preferably in the mortgage industry.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, business, sales or marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualification and/or work experience
- 2 years of SQL writing
- Experience building, automating and maintaining reports using MicroStrategy
- Experience with SAS a plus
- Relevant product and mortgage industry knowledge preferred
- Strong analytical ability in reviewing data and presenting it in a concise and accurate manner.
- Strong communication skills- both in writing and orally.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced work environment
- Experience with relevant software applications
- Competencies in problem solving, creativity, organizational skills while showing good judgment and execution.