This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Mumbai, MH, India
Job ID: 1000273
This position focuses on quantitative analysis as it relates to the company’s lending activity and mortgage servicing portfolio. The nature of the analytics varies, but includes risk profile/management, pricing/hedging, forecasting, return profiles, and performance analytics. This is not a process-oriented role, but a role that requires a degree of independent thinking to drive towards actionable business intelligence within broad data sets (i.e. anomalies, similarities, etc).
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Support risk management through development and maintenance of statistical analyses that measure and model the behavior of mortgage assets
• Develop robust and comprehensive models using advanced statistics and algorithmic programming
• Provide model validation and monitoring support across capital markets
• Aggregate and analyze large data sets to be used in assumption and model validation
• Support ongoing back-testing of existing models, as well as identify any strengths and weaknesses
• Develop streamlined model performance and tracking reports
• Support the documentation of model methodology, inputs, and outputs for the purpose of audit and review
• Leverage macro-economic fundamentals to explain behavior under changing economic conditions for the purpose of scenario analysis and stress testing
• Analyze hedge activity, including interest rate risk inherent to financial instruments
• Assist in evaluating and engineering hedge programs
• Develop and maintain models related to the portfolio’s prepayments, self-cure, re-defaults and customer complaints metrics
• Create enhanced analytics to facilitate the decision-making of multiple sale options (ex: securitization or whole loan)
• Leverage third party models were necessary to measure asset behavior
• Conduct strategic research and analysis for executive management by request
• Conduct ad hoc research and reports for the valuation & analytics teams
• Measure the dynamics of the MSR portfolio to changing macro-economic conditions
• Develop strategies to maintain data integrity and business workflow efficiency within Capital Markets and other departments.
• Provide recommendations for continuous improvement of the department’s reports, processes, policies and procedures
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
• Bachelors’ Degree (Required) with exposure to subjects like Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering (Preferred)
• Advanced statistics/mathematical background
• Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to formulate solutions to non-routine problems
• Ability to interpret technical-level data with a functional-level understanding of risk analytics
• Detail-oriented and capable of working independently
• Exceptional time management skills
2-11 PM (Mid-day shift)