Job ID: 1000362
The role of the Senior Analyst, Master Servicing is responsible for the movement of daily cash, bank reconciliations, processing of journal entries, the establishment and maintenance of bank accounts, as well as the upload of data from the bank into SBO. Investor Accounting is responsible for the overall cash movement related to the daily receipt of cash and the allocation this cash to the proper investor custodial account(s) and the overall accuracy and dissemination of cash gathered from primary servicing activities for all loans master-serviced by Ocwen. Collaborate with other departments to insure the seamless movement of cash and to implement strategies to achieve process improvements. This position is also responsible for managing the VISION website, including being the subject matter expert (SME) on the VISION application.
Investor Accounting duties
· Processes cash receipts and allocates to proper custodial accounts.
· Reviews daily cash allocation reports and insures cash is moved to the correct accounts.
· Performs bank reconciliations on a monthly basis and clears reconciling items in a timely manner.
· Provides training and recommendations to management on methods to improve accuracy. Will analyze trends in performance.
· Evaluates current processes to identify business gaps and implement solutions. Recognize opportunities to benefit existing processes and manages implementation of approved changes. Assists in the definition of system specifications to support Investor Accounting process improvements, testing of system enhancements and validation of results.
· Responsible for providing bank reconciliation assistance and training to other team members.
· Responsible for understanding the immediate and downstream ledger impact of Loan Accounting transactions and apply that knowledge, effectively, to prevent/minimize ledger variances.
· Review banking agreements to insure ongoing compliance.
· Create queries from internal systems and databases to support or improve process.
· Participate in team and project meetings, plan and facilitate meetings as necessary.
· Responsible for understanding the immediate and downstream ledger impact of Loan Accounting transaction and apply that knowledge, effectively, to prevent/minimize ledger variances.
· The opening of new bank accounts and the proper naming of the accounts
· Insure the inactive bank accounts are closed timely
· Responsible for the timely update of new banking information set-up in SBO.
· Other duties as required.
· Monitor VISION’s Investor email inbox for inquiries and have appropriate staff respond timely
· Present VISION web demonstrations to investors, rating agencies and 3rd party data providers
· Perform disaster recovery testing for VISION
· Maintain Called Dates in POL.POOL and VIS.DEAL Oracle tables to ensure VISION is updated for Collapsed Deals, Paid down Pools, etc.
· Test and signoff on monthly updates to ISIO – both active server pages and analytics sections
· Update Microstrategy reports in Analytics section after monthly data changes to cubes (VISION)
· Create monthly investor/3rd party data down load files for VISION web site
· Monthly in conjunction with IT application support, load and update (if required) INVR, INVRS and cube environments. Troubleshooting any data issues with same.
· Business/IT liaison (biweekly meetings, provides clear line of communication for upcoming concerns as BU or questions from IT)
· Subject Matter Expert (SME) on VISION application for projects
· Perform any required web site change testing – server patches, software upgrades, business intelligence software changes, etc.
· High School degree, or equivalent, required. College degree preferred.
· Minimum three years of varied mortgage banking or financial experience. Investor Reporting experience preferred
· Strong skills using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Access, Word)
· Update MicroStrategy reports in Analytics section after monthly data changes to cubes (VISION)
· Excellent math and analytical skills
· Knowledge of Loan Servicing and all support areas
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to effectively prioritize assignments and handle multiple projects/assignments
· Ability to read, understand and analyze loan and securitization documents
· Strong knowledge in the areas of Investor Reporting, Accounting, Securitizations or Finance
· Decision making abilities that demonstrate focus on the customer and a recognition of business objectives
· Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
· Ability to build and maintain effective business relationships, internal and external
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to achieve tight deadlines in a timely manner
· Ability to identify areas for continuous improvement and make recommendations