This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Job ID: 1000431
Reporting to the CRO, the Director of Operational Risk Management and Business Continuity is responsible for oversight of the Ocwen operational risk (risk exposure arising from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, technology and external events) framework globally. The program’s goal is to partner with first line management in proactively identifying risks, designing controls and assessing their effectiveness, issue severity and remediation management.
As a senior member of the Enterprise Risk Management team, the Director is a key player in the development and implementation of the Ocwen Operational Risk Program. This includes: development and delivery of Risk Training to team and supporting Business unit staffs; Oversight of the Issues Management framework; the measurement, monitoring, validation of key risks and controls; and the evaluation and management of remediation effectiveness.
The role will also oversee the Company’s Business Continuity Program, leading the business’s design, development, maintenance, and execution of business continuity plans, senior participant in incident management, recovery from business interruptions, and operational resilience.
The position requires applied experience in leading risk programs at scale with demonstrated expertise operational risk, business continuity and incident / crisis management in the financial services industry. International experience preferred. The role will require successful interaction experience with executive stakeholders, enterprise-wide change management and external rating agencies/regulator/stakeholders.
The successful candidate will lead (both direct and matrixed) a global team of risk professionals and work extensively with the CRO and Business Unit management to develop and deliver an industry leading Operational Risk and BCP programs.
The role is wide-ranging and requires hands-on experience, creativity, knowledge of businesses processes, risk management tools, techniques and their practical application. This role requires a strong business knowledge, communications capability, (verbal and written), analytic review and a keen attention to drive processes.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Facilitates the execution of operational risk assessments, control reviews and perform analytics of business unit risk
exposures, evaluating risk frequency and severity as well as control identification, design and effectiveness.
• Oversees the escalation, communication, and validation and closure of Issues identified in the Operational Risk
Issues Management and BCP programs
• Lead the definition, governance, execution, and maturation of the Enterprise Business Continuity Program (EBCP)
policies and procedures, to achieve internal objectives and meet or exceed global requirements.
• Understand and apply internal policies/procedures, laws and regulations, and industry best practices with respect
to Operational Risk, business continuity and disaster recovery including(but not limited to): FFIEC, Disaster
Recovery Institute International (DRII), and Business Continuity Institute (BCI).
• Drive front-line BCP implementation according to program requirements including Business Impact Analysis,
Business Continuity Plan Development, Plan Maintenance, and periodic Exercise Execution.
• Partner with business units/executive leadership to define enterprise priorities for continuity planning and recovery of critical business services and related impact tolerances
• Establish and report metrics that evaluate the effectiveness of the Operational Risks and EBCP, provide early and
timely detection and reporting, and support the escalation and remediation of risks or issues.
• Continuously evaluate internal and external risks to Ocwen’s business processes and technology strategies,
including cyber threats with CISO, to continually align BCP resiliency and recovery strategies to mitigate these risks.
• Lead development of complex scenarios with business partners and execution of corresponding testing and actions
to demonstrate comprehensive recoverability; quickly remediate matters requiring attention.
• Enhance and participate in the incident management process to promptly and effectively recover capabilities when
BCP disruptions occur to business activities.
• Maintains procedures and methodologies supporting the EBCP and Issues Management program, including
sampling techniques, quality standards, quality Issue remediation and documentation requirements
• Supports the on-going management of Issues Management, Risk Control Self-Assessment, Risk Acceptance, and
Enterprise Controls Inventory
• Ownership and administration of Risk and Control Governance tool (Process Unity) implemented at the company
• Establish and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders and cross-functional partners to drive operational risk, business and technology continuity/resiliency strategies and adjust plans as necessary.
• Keeps abreast of latest operational risk and BCP management regulations, techniques and industry best practices
• Bachelors degree or other related experience equivalent required, Advanced Specialized Degree preferred
• A minimum of 12-14 years of experience in financial services with demonstrated track record of success/growth in operational risk, BCP, compliance, or audit
• Demonstrated ability to link disparate processes and evaluate end-to-end functions
• Knowledge of Operational Risk and BCP principles and experience executing one or more of the operational risk standard programs
• Credible challenge - listening and questioning skills
• Ability to function effectively with a team through a matrix relationship
• Excellent Communication skills – verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal
• Demonstrated ability to define and analyze risks, issues; develop and present recommendations; and support the implementation of solutions
• Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, Visio, and other GRC tools/software (preferred)
WORK TIME: • 2-11 PM
• Integrity – always do the right thing.
• Judgment – effectively deal with the gray.
• Transparency – open and honest communication; early escalation; no hidden agendas.
• Respect – treat others with dignity and be respectful.
• Resiliency – tolerate dynamic conditions without undue frustration.
• Pragmatic – stay calm, act with focus and purpose, even when facing challenge and uncertainty.
• Passion – demonstrate positive excitement and conviction for what you do and needs to get done.
• Ownership – take responsibility for everything in your organization even when it’s not your fault.
• Self-Motivation – personal drive to achieve, commitment to personal / organizational goals, initiative to act on
opportunities and challenges, and optimism in the face of set-backs.
• Hunger – willing to throw head, heart and hands into the job.
• Humility – don’t have to be the smartest person in the room, give credit to others, willing to do any job to help the
organization or team succeed.
• Desire to Win – super competitive yet understand that the competition is outside the building.
• Empathy – the ability to discern what someone else is thinking or feeling and then responding in some appropriate
• Independent Thinker – analytical, the ability to make sense of things based on one’s experiences and observations;
not flustered by criticism or challenge and willing to stand for convictions.
• Intellectual Curiosity – passion for continuous learning and understanding “why”.