Reporting to the Director of processing, the Processing Pipeline Manager, oversees all activities related to consumer direct operations mortgage loan pipeline, from set-up, through processing, UW, and closing.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Review pipelines for timeliness, lock expiration, Reg-B, title and appraisal processes, closing disclosures and funding volumes, etc.
- Works with processors to manage the pipeline to ensure we meet closing date commitments, rate lock expirations and other key performance indicators.
- Reviews/validates loan set-up priorities and submissions to ensure completeness prior to submission to the underwriter.
- Supports production team resolving or escalating file level issues if needed.
- Reviews rush request and escalates to director of operations, processing managers and others as needed.
- Communicate performance gaps/training needs as needed to the management team.
- Review and track monthly funding projection for the consumer direct team.
- Review Encompass, title and appraisal reports to determine priorities to maximize customer experience, monthly funded volume and reduced cycle times.
- Review loans that are in processing that are still floating work with the sales teams to get loans reviewed for locks.
- Coordinates rushes for underwriting, closing disclosures, closings and fundings as needed.
- Monitor files that are suspended by underwriting to ensure reg-B requirements for decision are met.
- Meet with Sales teams to review pipeline as needed.
- Request lock extension via the lock desk for locks that are expiring and are still potentially eligible for closing.
- Provides input to the development of product strategy and research and development of new and emerging products.
- Recommends production and quality control standards.
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED or military equivalent required
- College degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of recent experience as a Processing Pipeline Manager
- Ability to listen and effectively make sound judgments
- Organizational skills to effectively maintain and prioritize projects accordingly
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality as required by the Privacy Act protecting consumers
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional and other loan programs.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of federal and state guidelines, rules and regulations such as RESPA, TILA, HMDA, etc.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, customer service, and communication with all parties involved in the loan cycle.
- Proficient with Encompass.
- Understanding of mortgage lending compliance regulations and investor guidelines.
- Strong PC Skills. Must be proficient in MS Office 365, including advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of commonly used terminology, concepts and practices and procedures within the mortgage industry.
- Ability to meet time deadlines while working under pressure.
- Ability to effectively handle simultaneous tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to effectively and efficiently work independently or as a member of a team.
- Strong business writing and math skills.
- Ability to effectively analyze loan account related problems and define solutions.
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
Located in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.