Who we're looking for:
- You are a trusted partner. When someone comes to you with a data need, you ask what, how, when, and help them narrow in on their needs, present other ideas/areas for them to consider, and give them something actionable.
- You are a builder and automator. Whether it's a shiny app in R, a dashboard, or simple Google sheet, you know how to build tools and automations to make data easy to access and understand.
- You are comfortable working with a variety of existing data sets. Campaign analytics, website traffic, sales data, product usage, survey responses, etc. Even if you haven't worked with the data before, you know you can figure it out.
- You know how and when to use surveys to get the data you need. You know how to run the full process from writing the questions to execution to presenting the results.
- You are comfortable in a newly created role. We haven't had a Marketing Data Analyst before - you can help shape what this role is from the start.
What you'll do:
- Priority 1 - partner with your Marketing colleagues to plan and build reports to identify the customer purchase journey and lifecycle experience for our paid products - from discovery through purchase through onboarding and adoption. Find the KPIs that have the most influence through the process and build a system to monitor and report on these using Salesforce, Marketo, and/or Looker.
- Priority 2 - build on priority 1 by developing measurement and attribution methodologies, funnel optimizations, lead scoring, LTV models & comprehensive marketing analytics.
- Priority 3 - find and craft stories to tell in campaigns, on our website, and in other content. Use surveys and existing data to bring the value of our paid products to life.
- Your everyday responsibilities:
- Critically think about any priority, methodology, process, requirement, and/or request
- Design new methodologies, pull necessary data, and build accurate models and reports
- Collaborate across internal teams and help them become more data savvy
- Communicate and visualize insights to multiple levels of stakeholders with clarity and a focus on informing decision-making
What you'll need to have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, related quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience required, Master’s degree is preferred
- Experience with SAS, SQL, Microsoft Office required
- Prior Marketing Analyst role a plus
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics with a focus on marketing analytics, statistical analysis, survey development and execution, forecasting and optimization.
- Ability to work cross functionally across teams and build trust with your partners
- Ability to manage your priorities and requests
- Ability to think and act strategically as well as execute on tasks on time
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written