The Operational Risk Management team is responsible for establishing an operational risk culture across PHH Mortgage. It assists the company in proactively managing operational risks, achieving both strategic and financial goals, increasing competitiveness, and consistently striving for high customer satisfaction. The team provides risk management expertise and tools to our business partners to sustain regulatory safety and soundness, and effectively manage risk exposure from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, and technology or from external events.
As a member of the Operational Risk Management team, the Manager is a key player in the implementation of the PHH Mortgage Operational Risk Strategy. This includes: supporting the development of an operational risk infrastructure; the measurement, monitoring, validation of key risks and controls; and the evaluation and management of remediation effectiveness. Project complexity is wide-ranging and requires hands-on experience, creativity, knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and their practical application. This role requires a significant amount of both written and verbal communication, analytic review and a keen attention to detail.
- Assist in the ongoing oversight of the company’s Operational Risk Framework in support of the first line of defense by analyzing and measuring performance, monitoring trends, and reporting risk management within the defined limits of the company’s Operational Risk exposures in accordance to Risk Appetite
- Support the strategic development, implementation, and effective execution of the Operational Risk program, including, but not limited to: risk and control assessment, operational issue management reporting, key risk indicator analysis
- Work with various business partners to facilitate operational risk self-assessments
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of Risk and Control Matrices
- Perform analytics of business unit risk exposures, evaluating risk frequency and severity as well as control identification and effectiveness
- Produce operational risk reports designed to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of current processes and control systems, and make recommendations on control improvement
- Work with business partners to strengthen or develop control design solutions addressing control weaknesses identified in the risk self-assessment
- Monitor the completion of all assigned activities of business partners to ensure agreed upon changes have been completed to address identified control weakness
- Oversee the identification, communication, analysis, and remediation of operational issues
- Ensure significant risks are appropriately and timely escalated through proper channels
- Monitor the implementation of action plans to remediate realized operational risks
- Assist in providing guidance to minimize recurring operational risk events
- Develop and maintain tracking metrics for management reporting and escalation
- Monitor key risk indicators (KRIs) for internal control, analyze and identify trends, and report out to all stakeholders
- Develop and sustain relationships with business partners, Information Technology, Compliance, Legal and other key stakeholders
- Ensure organization compliance with all relevant federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience equivalent
- Minimum 3 years financial services within Originations and/or Servicing
- Ability to measure, analyze and evaluate processes, controls, and risks
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to influence business partners in addressing control issues and business practices
- Strong analytical, logical reasoning, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of audit or operational risk principles
- Excellent presentation skills and the development of related materials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project, Visio, and SharePoint
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
- General work schedule (for shift roles)
Ocwen and its subsidiaries are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.