The Funder is responsible for insuring quality and volume on a daily basis. The Funder must make sure all required items for the loan file are obtained/collected at the time of funding in order to be able to submit the loan to the investor and to be sent out for the HUD Insuring process. The Funder will work with Broker Partners, Title companies, Sales Advisors, Attorneys, etc. on a daily basis. Funders are expected to maintain the upmost professionalism and remain goal-oriented throughout the process.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Establishes and maintains a thorough knowledge of all products and investor requirements to ensure quality closing packages and salability to the Investor.
- Audit initial documents and file based on audit procedures.
- Maintain updated status of loans and enter all required data
- Review title information, sales comps and LOS information for accuracy and to identify potential qualification issues
- Work with team lead and/or team members on miscellaneous department projects as needed
- Cross-train in all positions for coverage purposes
- Run calculations on a reverse mortgage calculator to customize application packages based on client qualification
- Assemble client portfolios and audit portfolio based on procedures.
- Prepares all closing documents required to close mortgage loans, ensuring documentation is complete and accurate; follows up with any discrepancies
- Audit closing documents and file based on audit procedures.
- Ensures that all loans meet guidelines for quality and regulatory compliance and investor closing standards are met
- Gather all required forms and conditions required to fund the loan
- Prepares and explains closing requirements to settlement agent as needed
- Receive document package from settlement agent and review and clear all prior to funding conditions.
- Audit funding documents and file based on audit procedures.
- Determine any additional funding conditions that are need to meet lender, investor, or HUD guidelines.
- Prepare and deliver funding package based on funding procedures.
- Perform client, settlement agent, processor, or client relations follow-up as needed
- Coordinate shipping and receiving of documents to loan advisors, settlement agents, and wholesale partners, as needed.
- Adhere to Liberty’s Service Philosophy and Standards
- Reliable and regular attendance and punctuality is expected
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED or Military equivalent required
- Minimum of two years as a funder or doc drawer. Reverse mortgage industry experience a plus.
- One year mortgage experience required, reverse mortgage experience preferred
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Ability to develop and maintain files and records
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications, specifically Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- Good customer service skills and reliable
- Individual must be extremely detailed oriented
- Employee must work well under pressure, meeting multiple and conflicting deadlines
- Must at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: Liberty Reverse Mortgage
Who We Are
Liberty Reverse is one of the largest and most experienced reverse mortgage lenders in the U.S. For over fifteen years, we’ve delivered education, home equity solutions, and personal care to over 60,000 senior homeowners and over 1,000 mortgage partners. Headquartered in Rancho Cordova, CA, Liberty provides reverse mortgage solutions including Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM) and proprietary reverse mortgage loans to retail consumers, wholesale, and correspondent partners.
Liberty Reverse was recently named one of the Best Mortgage Companies to Work for by National Mortgage News for 2019. When you join Liberty, you join a culture which is Vibrant, Inclusive and Cares for you and your community. Every day, we strive to foster a culture where all our team members are respected, valued and empowered. Liberty employees are passionate about customer service, committed to teamwork and dedicated to success. The atmosphere is fast-paced and challenging – and there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career, whether you’re pursuing management, learning multiple disciplines and/or becoming a subject matter expert in your field. We believe in empowering our employees to explore new ideas, take initiatives for change, and continuously improve our performance. And, as part of the Liberty family, you’ll build long-term relationships in your career here.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.