The Closing Specialist reports to the Operations Closing Supervisor and is responsible for drawing closing documents and sending them to the appropriate parties. The Closing Specialist works under very tight deadlines, so a successful candidate will have very strong organization and time management skills. When questions come up, the Closer will be expected to seek clarification from Settlement Agents, Underwriters, Pipeline Managers/Processors, and Brokers/ Loan Officers. Thus, strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills are extremely important. Quality is the most important part of a Closing Specialistâ€™s job, so a strong attention to detail is critical to the role. Occasional weekend and evening hours will be required based on department volume.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Establishes and maintains a thorough knowledge of all products and investor requirements to ensure quality closing packages
- Handle all revision requests in a timely manner
- Ensure loan documents are delivered on time as determined by our service level agreements
- Audit initial documents and file based on audit procedures.
- Maintain updated status of loans and enter all required data
- Review title information to ensure appropriate vesting is determined at time of closing
- Work with team lead and/or team members on miscellaneous department projects as needed
- Cross-train in all positions for coverage purposes
- Prepares all closing documents required to close mortgage loans, ensuring documentation is complete and accurate; follows up with any discrepancies
- Audit closing documents and file based on audit procedures.
- Ensures that all loans meet guidelines for quality and regulatory compliance and investor closing standards are met
- Prepares and explains closing requirements to settlement agent as needed
- Coordinate shipping and receiving of documents to loan advisors, settlement agents, and wholesale partners, as needed.
- Adhere to Libertyâ€™s Service Philosophy and Standards
- Reliable and regular attendance and punctuality is expected
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Minimum of two years of Closing experience required. Reverse mortgage industry experience a plus.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Ability to develop and maintain files and records
- Proficient computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
- Individual must be extremely detailed-oriented
- Employee must work well under pressure, meeting multiple and conflicting deadlines
- Must at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: Liberty Reverse Mortgage
Who We Are
Liberty Reverse is one of the largest and most experienced reverse mortgage lenders in the U.S. For over fifteen years, we’ve delivered education, home equity solutions, and personal care to over 60,000 senior homeowners and over 1,000 mortgage partners. Headquartered in Rancho Cordova, CA, Liberty provides reverse mortgage solutions including Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM) and proprietary reverse mortgage loans to retail consumers, wholesale, and correspondent partners.
Liberty Reverse was recently named one of the Best Mortgage Companies to Work for by National Mortgage News for 2019. When you join Liberty, you join a culture which is Vibrant, Inclusive and Cares for you and your community. Every day, we strive to foster a culture where all our team members are respected, valued and empowered. Liberty employees are passionate about customer service, committed to teamwork and dedicated to success. The atmosphere is fast-paced and challenging – and there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career, whether you’re pursuing management, learning multiple disciplines and/or becoming a subject matter expert in your field. We believe in empowering our employees to explore new ideas, take initiatives for change, and continuously improve our performance. And, as part of the Liberty family, you’ll build long-term relationships in your career here.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.