This role is responsible for driving optimal performance, quality, and customer service levels across the team and the direct oversight of Underwriting Team Players.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Effectively lead a team of 10 or more Team Players remotely
- Analyze performance to insure PHH is meeting acceptable turn around requirements and anticipate staffing constraints to meet objectives
- Provide technical expertise and direction to team, serves as a critical point of escalation in all aspects of Underwriting.
- Effectively manage escalations within agreed upon timeframe
- Develops innovative ideas in order to improve operations and procedures.
- Distribute information to team regarding company initiatives, investor updates, process changes, goals and performance
- In accordance with goals, monitor performance metrics for the team and communicate trends
- On a monthly basis, Maintain and review performance by Underwriter, to identify performance related trends
- Ensure all guidelines are consistently met by driving training and communication
- Proactively interact with all departments as necessary
- Participate in special projects for process improvements.
- Review and correct loan deficiencies identified by Investors or Quality Control
- Interview and hiring of new underwriters as needed
- Participate and present pertinent information to our third party vendors as applicable
- Monitor performance metrics for the team and communicate trends and issues to Underwriting Director.
- Work with the Underwriting Director to achieve goals
- Collaborate cross functionally with adjacent teams (processing, sales, support staff)
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Underwriting Leadership experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years underwriting experienced required.
- Must demonstrate leadership potential/skills in current position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required in order to provide guidance and direction to team players.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter that can lead while working under pressure in order to meet deadlines in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills (verbal and written) required.
- Knowledge of Encompass is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time management skills.
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to acquire national (NMLS) and applicable state licenses
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
Located in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.