Reporting to the Supervisor, Closing, the Mortgage Closer is the single point of contact through the entire closing process. The Closing Specialist manages a pipeline of loans and is responsible for the preparation and delivery of an accurate initial and final Closing Disclosure, preparing closing documents, and funding the loan. Will work closely with Loan Processors, Closing Agents, Underwriters, and Treasury to ensure loans are closed promptly and accurately.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Work with Closing Agent and Loan Processor to gather information to prepare and deliver the Closing Disclosure
- Analyze and audit data to accurately prepare closing documents to ensure a smooth closing
- Review all details of CD against loan conditions and guidelines to ensure all specifics are within allowable parameters
- Review Title Commitment to confirm names match Encompass and confirm all parties listed receive CD
- Communicate and work with Loan Processor to resolve loan issues when they arise.
- Proactively manage pipeline of loans to ensure timely delivery of CD, closing package, and funds
- Answer calls and emails from Closing Agents, internal team members, and 3rd parties regarding status of loans
- Run all required compliance testing, review results, and complete research to address and remediate any failures
- Provide immediate support to Closing Agents for CD revisions to prevent delay in loan closing
- Work with Closing Agent to verify wiring instructions and disbursement dates
- Multi-task, working on numerous loans throughout the day, moving back and forth between multiple responsibilities dependent on the status of the loan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- Minimum 3 years of recent experience as a Mortgage Closer is required
- Drives and delivers exceptional results
- Customer/External focus
- Read, interpret and apply applicable laws, rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures
- Demonstrate interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Accurately document all information pertaining to accounts
- Knowledge of the laws governing access to public and private records
- Strong computer skills; Must be able to move through the LOS system and other programs
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Perform any additional duties/activities assigned or needed by the business
Training / Licensing Requirements:
Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.