Reporting to the Vice President of Correspondent Lending and Post Closing, the Manager of Post-Closing, will be responsible for the oversight of the Post-Closing department and Post-Closing process in accordance with company Policies, Procedures, Investor guidelines, and Legal/Compliance guidelines.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the Post-Closing function and process is streamlined and efficient.
- Maintains a compliant Post-Closing system.
- Identifies and conducts gap analysis on process improvements as needed.
- Strategically enhances Post-Closing process in conjunction with corporate vision.
- Enforces quality loan reviews for accuracy and timely shipment of applicable documents to Custodians.
- Builds department capacity with highly qualified Post Closers as production increases.
- Requires Post-Closing department meets or exceeds turn times for all required documentation including Title Policies, Recorded Mortgages/Deeds, FHA MIP and VA Guarantee premiums are paid timely, insuring packages are submitted to appropriate government agencies within the required deadlines and Early Check and LQA are performed timely.
- Ensures all Post-Closing Policies and Procedures are up to date and re-certified by the required due dates.
- Follows changes in company Policy and Procedures, Investor Programs, guidelines/procedures, Legal, Compliance and all federal and state regulations.
- Creates and implements processes and procedures necessary to stay in compliance.
- Develops, implements, and analyzes a variety of reports and data.
- Completes compliance audits as required.
- Resolves any escalated issues associated with Post-Closing.
- Ability to present department data to leadership and or external auditors, investors, and regulators.
- Facilitates working relationships with internal departments and external organizations.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Ensures department completes all annually required or job-specific training.
- Works with Training and Development to ensure a well - developed training program for new Post-Closers and existing Post-Closers.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject
- Provide applicable training to support staff on operational procedures, FHA/VA Agency guidelines, troubleshooting techniques and systems.
- Perform quality review of Team Player performance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- 5 + years of relevant mortgage Closing/Post-Closing/Correspondent Operations management or other mortgage leadership experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Post-Closing practices, mortgage documentation, recording practices, title/abstract legalities.
- FHA, VA, FNMA, HELOC, USDA, and FHLMC guidelines and/or terms.
- Agency and underwriting guidelines.
- Strategic thinker and ability to analyze and solve problems quickly.
- Ability to work well with others and lead a team.
- Attentive to detail and well-organized.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage customer relationships.
- Proficiency with MS Office and other standard technology and communication applications
- Ability to train and present to small and large audiences or has the interest in learning to train and present.
- Excellent management, leadership, and team building skills.
- Experience with Encompass
Training / Licensing Requirements:
Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.