The Government Claims Specialist is experienced in the Claims process. This position requires the ability to work in a collaborative/team environment aimed at continuous improvement while always meeting or exceeding expectations.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to perform all duties as described under the Claims Specialist position
- Answers technical questions (procedure based) for less experienced hires
- Conducts training sessions for new and current associates; Classroom or side by side
- Looks for and executes process improvements
- Provides subject matter expertise for department projects
- Primary contact for Investor escalated issues
- Builds strong relationships with our internal and external partners
- Participates in Senior Claims Specialists development programs
- Participates in projects, reports or assists with other tasks as determined by the Team Lead
- Shares career development aspirations with management and takes additional leadership and associate development training recommended within a specified time frame
- Perform weekly quality control reviews of the claims to ensure claim filers and QC team are filing in accordance to investor guidelines
- Weekly discussions within the business to discuss potential areas of risk and identify ways to reduce losses.
- Perform weekly quality control reviews of Loss Analysis & Loss Control database
- Testing for implementation of new systems or process update
- SME for Policies and Procedures
- Assist with yearly HUD audit
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Default mortgage claims/loan servicing experience; Basic accounting background
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to manage time effectively, ability to multi-task within a set amount of time and excellent decision making skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Team player and has a positive attitude; approachable
- Exceeds Standards on last annual performance review preferred
- Strong communication skills with the ability to negotiate effectively
- Conducts self with highest degree of professionalism
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Committed to making team a best in class claims department
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
Located in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.