To provide and maintain excellent customer relations by ensuring customer inquiries are handled in a prompt, efficient, courteous, effective and professional manner. Collect loan payments and resolve delinquent customer loans by leveraging retention and liquidation strategies. Manage customer contact through inbound call queues and outbound dialer campaigns. Adhere to investor servicing guidelines and internal policies and procedures.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Attempt to contact, via telephone, customers who are delinquent with their mortgage loan payments
- Answer incoming calls from customers who are delinquent with their mortgage loan payments
- Probe customers to determine why they are delinquent with their mortgage loan payments and determine how we can best assist them with resolving the delinquency through completion of a financial interview in Back in the Black.
- Research and resolve issues that impact the mortgage loan due date and creating a delinquent situation
- Document repayment agreements in mortgage systems
- Ensure loss mitigation request for assistance packages are sent to, completed and returned by homeowners in a timely manner
- Communicate with authorized third parties as required.
- Research customer contact information (a.k.a. skip trace) that is not readily available
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in a customer service or collections environment preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with conflict and resolve accordingly
- Adapts well in a changing environment
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
Located in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.