- GSE Operations is the primary business unit interfacing with the GSEs to discuss operational issues as well as discuss and remediate audit related issues. One of the primary functions of this position is to assist in addressing issues identified by the FHLMC CORE audit team during their onsite reviews of Ocwen business units.
- This position will work directly with the business units in preparing for the onsite reviews and assisting in addressing any issues identified by the FHLMC CORE team during the engagement.
- This position will work with the business units to develop the action plans that are receptive to the issues raised by the GSE.
- The position will also directly participate in and oversee the validation testing to be performed by the GSE Operations team to ensure that identified issues have been satisfactorily remediated and that newly implemented controls are operating as intended.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The manager will design the audit validation steps that are needed in order to test the action plan implemented by the business unit to address the identified issue
- The Manager will ensure that the action plans implemented by the business units are reactive to the issues identified and that the business units adhere to the forecasted implementation dates for the completion of the action plans.
- This incumbent will issue weekly reports to senior management providing status on the action plans and how each business unit is tracking to their completion dates.
- They will escalate any action plan that is not projecting to meet implementation dates provided to the GSE’s.
- Participate in the various GSE reviews and work with the business units in preparing for GSE reviews and in rejoining to issues raised by the GSE during the review
- Assist the business units in establishing action plans that are responsive to issues identified by the GSE review teams during their onsite reviews. Insuring that the implementation timelines provided to the GSE are met
- Prepare weekly reports summarizing the status of action plan implementation and remediation testing and distribute these reports to senior management and the operational business units
- Ensure that open action plans are incorporated into the organizational Risk Convergence Process and AFSR reporting processes and that updates to these reporting processes are accurate and timely
- Manage GSE Operations testing and validation efforts for risk issues identified during the GSE reviews
- Ensure effective communication between Compliance, Legal, Internal Audit and other second and third line of defense enterprise organizations and first line businesses to effectively address identified issues Develop the testing methodology for validating that the action plans implemented by the business units are operating as intended and will pass the further validation testing that may be performed by the respective GSE
- Assist in the coordination of non GSE reviews (onsite and desktop), as needed, and coordinate this activity with the Investor Relations team
- The position may also participate in the broader Risk Convergence Process as well as the annual servicer audits performed by the autonomous public accountants on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred. CPA/CIA designation also preferred. Residential mortgage servicing experience a plus
- 8 to 12 years of experience in audit related areas within the mortgage banking or financial services industries
- Strong understanding of operational risk concepts and related control frameworks and practice
- Experience in participating in simultaneous audits independently; strong multi-tasking; Proven ability to build strong partnerships with key stakeholders
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to operate in gray space and to adapt to work flow variations and change
WORK SCHEDULE OR TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
3PM to 12 Midnight