The Contract Management Associate / Lien Release Team member is responsible for overseeing the processing of all lien releases, reconveyances and discharges for all paid in full and liquidated loans, as necessary, to comply with state mandated timelines. Also responsible for requesting, tracking and delivery of collateral documents through contact with the Document Custodians. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the Ocwen’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates. The duties of this job require a high degree of detailed analysis and maintaining established standards of quality for documents with both financial and legal terminology used in legal proceedings. Team member is responsible for the assigning of emails received via Lien Release mailboxes on a daily basis. Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results are necessary skills for successful job performance.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for preparing the lien release document for all paid in full loans in accordance with the county and state guidelines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ensure preparation and verification of lien release documents follow Ocwen’s policies and procedures, state and federal laws.
- Review collateral files for all applicable loan documents that are required to determine the current beneficiary vesting.
- Research and order recorded loan documents from the county to audit the current beneficiary vesting for accuracy.
- Research and resolve complex mortgage chain of title exceptions.
- Determine accurate signing authority in order to have the release document properly executed.
- Research County recording fees as needed.
- Track the lien release document to confirm that the county clerk has completed the recording of the document.
- Communicate with vendors and other business units’ teams, Ocwen’s legal and senior leadership to manage cases toward resolution.
- Research and assign emails received via lien release mailboxes to team members for processing
- Associates must be able to adhere to the training plan and certification processing order to become proficient in all and every document handled by the Contract Management Lien Release team.
- Navigate effectively through the system of record to ensure all information within all documents are verified in a timely manner.
- A team-player: Work with co-workers to assist in achieving department goals.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 2+ Years of Mortgage Servicing Experience required.
- Self-motivated with a good attitude and the ability to work independently when required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Technical and analytical skills required for making decisions and piecing together information.
- Ability to make decisions independently within set policies/procedures.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving skills and sound judgment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational abilities and time management skills.
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail.
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous mortgage lien release experience processing experience, preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)