The Risk and Remediation Controls Manager’s responsibilities will include acting as the primary point of representation for the forward lending originations with Risk, Compliance and Audit functions, as well as external stakeholders/ regulators. The Manager will independently, or leading a small team to address potential findings, identify root causes, determine appropriate resolution, update policies and/or procedures and educate parties as appropriate. Additionally, the Manager will be the escalation point for customer/client issues that could not be resolved through standard escalation channels.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Research and provide the Operations response to information requests and management responses and action plans for issues identified by risk, compliance, audit and other internal and external stakeholders’ reviews and audits
- Provide all required forms and monitor “closure” for open risk, compliance and other audit issue processes
- Partner with internal stakeholders and Operations leadership to ensure that operational process changes are appropriately documented and communicated to internal and external customers and updated in appropriate on-line & off-line communication platforms
- Work with Operations, IT and other appropriate stakeholders to identify and implement system enhancements to improve operational efficiencies and resolve system defects
- Partner with Operations leadership team to pro-actively identify and resolve gaps in the originations end to end process
- Research and provide the operations response to identified customer/client complaints provided via all channels
- Provide support, education and training to staff to build compliance/risk awareness and mitigation in Operations
- Manage the day to day tasks in support of all business unit vendor requests
- Work with the business units to identify vendor service or support issues and assist in driving to resolution
- Liase between vendors and operations to finalize documents and ensure due diligence
- Provide input on vendor management policies and procedures as needed
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- 5+ years in mortgage operations, compliance, or controls
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with business owners, new and existing vendors and all operations partners
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within timeline constraints
- Excellent level of oral and written skills, ability to communication across a variety of audiences
- Strong time management skills, fast learner, self motivated
- Comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Background in one of the following: Sales, Processing, Underwriting, Closing or Post closing is required
- Knowledge of operational compliance, IT controls, or related work experience is a plus
( Ex. or Currently possesses NMLS and MLO licensing in resident state where licenses are required or ability to obtain licensing )
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.