Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Job ID: 1000754
Auditor will be reporting to the Team Leader / Manager, Originations Credit Quality Control. The team is involved in Review of Loans from an Underwriter’s perspective (Pre and Post Funding) and provide appropriate and timely feedback to the underwriter. The position requires a thorough understanding of the U.S. Mortgage Underwriting function with a focus on detail on timeliness.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Auditor in the Originations Credit Quality Control will be responsible to review the sampled loans selected for Pre-Funding Quality Assurance Underwriting and Post Closing Due Diligence Underwriting. Following are the Job Responsibilities.
• Review the loan from the perspective of Income/Employment, Asset, Collateral and Credit perspectives
• Review the loan file from the data integrity stand point and look out for possible misrepresentations and red flags
• Confirm the loan file is complete from the Regulatory stand point with appropriate documentation
• Have an eye for detail
• Adhere to strict timelines prescribed by the Management and provide the review response in the desired timeframe
• Should be open to work in Night Shift (if needed) with a flexibility to change the shift at minimum notice
• Should have effective written and verbal communication skills
• Should have good comprehension skills and ensure all changes and updates are immediately adopte
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Graduation in any field is a qualifying criterion
3+ years of experience in US Residential Mortgage Originations Underwriting or 2+ year of experience in Quality Control / Assurance in US Residential Mortgage Originations Underwriting