As an established leader in the Reverse Mortgage Origination space, PHH is excited to be building a best in class Reverse Mortgage Servicing platform. This platform will service our own originated product and ultimately provide outstanding servicing to third-party clients. Over the coming months, we will be building out the Servicing platform and leveraging our existing infrastructure where ever possible. Come join our team and get in on the ground floor to be a part of this exciting opportunity. We are looking for motivated, talented individuals that thrive in a fast paced environment that are eager to be part of this new team.
The Research Department is a customer-facing team that handles customer requests. The team is responsible for reviewing inquiries/complaints/requests received and works with the appropriate business units as needed to effectively resolve problems and respond to customers with quality responses, within the stipulated timelines.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Review customer correspondence to identify, categorize, and resolve the query/complaint.
- Carry out detailed and accurate analysis of the customer's query and provide a complete and correct response.
- Coordinate with appropriate departments to obtain relevant data and details required to respond effectively and within stipulated timelines.
- Identify ways to increase efficiency and improve process.
- Support the Research Department by performing processing and administrative duties.
- Provide on-the-job training to new department team members.
- Coach new team members as needed, assist with questions, and provide process support.
- Maintain and update Research procedures and training manuals.
- Carry out tasks assigned by the Team Leader.
- Act as a point-of-contact for the Team Leader in their absence by supporting team members and assisting with assignments.
- Produce Ad-hoc reports and perform duties as assigned by the department manager.
Key Result Areas:
· Efficiency > 100%
· Quality Yield > 90%
· Letter rework
· Schedule adherence >90%
· Turnaround Time (TAT) > 90%
· Accurately document case summary, action taken, and root cause in PHH servicing platform and if applicable iCasework.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, etc.
- Minimum 2 years experience in one of the following roles within the mortgage industry:
- Customer Correspondence
- Complaint Resolution
- Escalation Desk in Back Office support (L2, L3, Support)
- Good written and verbal communication skills – should be able to write and articulate complex cases concisely.
- Logical and analytical thinking - ability to resolve complex research cases.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, etc
Training / Licensing Requirements:
· Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.