Reporting to the Manager of Learning and Development, this fully remote position is primarily responsible for executing on the training, education program and processes for PHH Mortgage. This position will help develop and train on programs such as; Mortgage Lending 101, On-boarding, Loan Processing, Sales, Underwriting, Systems and Refreshers, as well as overall product, process and soft skills within the organization.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Product knowledge, orientation and virtual training, operations training, compliance training, and technology training
- Monitor and evaluate training programs to ensure effectiveness
- Use technology to create training efficiencies, track participating, and document progress
- Maintain certification records for all new hires
- Consistently analyze outdated content and trends to prepare refresher sessions as needed
- Responsible for conducting monthly training interventions
- Create and executive training with new product launches
- Continually train, motivate, and develop staff fostering a positive culture
- Gather, assess, and confirm interpretation of new and/or changing business practices
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Complete new hire training with 85% mastery
- Review and recommend areas of improvement in training content
- Engage leadership across the business in bi-weekly calibrations to discuss trainee progress and opportunities
- Meet or exceed departmental standards
- Increase competency and productivity of experienced Direct Lending professionals through group and individual training interventions
- Research industry methodologies and best practices integrating those into professional practice
- Demonstrate a solid grounding in ethics and integrity
- Proficiency in one on one and group coaching and training
- Ability to demonstrate varied engagement practices in a virtual learning environment
- Proficiency working collaboratively with leaders across organizational departments
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizations skills
- Must be responsible, detail oriented, and maintain reliable follow through
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Must possess good judgment, leadership, and business acumen
- Ability to be a creative, flexible, and innovative team player
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3+ years’ training and/or education or equivalent related business experience preferred
- 2+ years’ Mortgage Lending/Originations industry. This experience can be in a different capacity than training
- Direct experience with Loan Processing, Mortgage Sales, and/or Underwriting strongly preferred
- Knowledge of a wide variety of training techniques and technologies. Including adult learning theories
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Encompass® strongly preferred
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.