Reporting to the Team Lead of Direct Lending Learning and Development, this fully remote position is primarily responsible for translating complex technical processes into concise, easy-to-understand, plain language procedures intended for new hire and experience audiences. This position will help develop and maintain internal documentation including user reference and business, policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Write consistent, concise, easy-to-understand, plain language procedures intended for new hire and experienced audiences
- Create desktop procedures consistent with and resulting from regulatory, compliance, and legal changes
- Gather, assess, and confirm interpretation of new and/or changing business practices
- Develop, update, and maintain the desktop procedures in an online environment
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Translate complex technical concepts and create error free and consistent procedures for users with non-technical backgrounds
- Maintain open communication with departmental contacts to monitor the effectiveness of existing desktop procedure documentation and to ensure the Direct Lending Learning and Development team is kept abreast of procedural changes.
- Meet or exceed departmental standards
- Provide Instructional Designers and Trainers updates to ensure instructional material is being developed from the most current desktop procedures
- Work with business unit contacts to ensure procedural updates are executed within compliant timeframes
- Demonstrate a solid grounding in ethics and integrity
- Ability to work through others to meet strict deadlines and complicated deliverables
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizations skills
- Strong analytical skills with experience of process orientation
- Proficiency in working collaboratively with subject matter experts and all levels of management to ensure effective adoption of time-sensitive initiatives, identified deficiencies, and opportunities for improvement
- Must be responsible, detail oriented, and maintain reliable follow through
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation, paying attention to detail, and the necessary sequence of the steps/procedures
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and work under tight deadlines
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Journalism, English or Communications, or equivalent related business experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in technical writing, software documentation, and editing required
- Mortgage lending or financial services experience preferred
- Experience working with MadCap authoring tools preferred
- Experience working with HTML, HTML5, and/or XML programing tools preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, etc.)
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.