Reporting to the Manager of Learning and Development, this fully remote position is primarily responsible for executing on the training, education program and processes for Ocwen/PHH Mortgage. This position will help develop instructional materials for programs such as; Mortgage Lending 101, On-boarding, Loan Processing, Sales, Underwriting, Systems and Refreshers, as well as overall product, process and soft skills within the organization.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Write consistent, concise, easy-to-understand, plain language instructional material intended for new hire and experienced audiences
- Create instructional material consistent with and resulting from regulatory, compliance, and legal changes
- Gather, assess, and confirm interpretation of new and/or changing business practices
- Develop, update, and maintain instructional material in an online environment
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Translate complex concepts and create error free and consistent instruction materials for varied audiences
- Create eLearning content such as Computer Based Training
- Adapt and utilize Accelerated Learning methodologies in instructional materials
- Source, design and implement effective measurement of training objectives, including; course assessments, structured job shadowing checklists, user readiness testing and certification processes
- Maintain open communication with departmental contacts to monitor the effectiveness of existing desktop procedure documentation and to ensure the Direct Lending Learning and Development team is kept abreast of procedural changes
- Meet or exceed departmental standards
- Work with subject matter experts to ensure instructional material updates are executed within compliant timeframes
- Demonstrate a solid grounding in ethics and integrity
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to meet strict deadlines and complicated deliverables
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with experience of process orientation
- Proficiency in working collaboratively with subject matter experts and all levels of management to ensure effective adoption of time-sensitive initiatives, identified deficiencies, and opportunities for improvement
- Must be responsible, detail oriented, and maintain reliable follow through
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation, paying attention to detail
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work within an instructional design system, communicate design concepts, and promote the use of instructional design methodologies
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Instructional Design, English or Communications, or equivalent related business experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in instructional design, technical writing, software documentation, and editing required
- Mortgage lending or financial services experience preferred
- Working knowledge of the principles and methodologies associates with instructional design and adult learning. (e.g., SAM, ADDIE, Kirkpatrick, Blooms Taxonomy, Gagne’s Nine, Merrill’s Principles, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience managing multiple projects with complex inter-dependencies, focusing on both on long-term projects and short-term immediate tasks
- Working knowledge of multiple content creation software (e.g., Articulate 360, Snagit 2018 or greater, Camtasia 2018 or greater, Audacity, etc.) strongly preferred
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.