The role of the Head of Correspondent lending will be to manage all forward correspondent lending sales, operations, infrastructure development, client targeting and acquisition, sales force expansion, operation expansion and partner with our capital markets team to develop and optimize margin management and [pricing]. We have begun developing best efforts and non-delegated delivery options, and this leader will assume responsibility for those builds. In addition, this new leader will need to develop an overall channel strategy, client targeting and sales force plans, operational and technology plans, and leverage internal and external resources for new builds. The unit is run as a P&L with key performance metrics being pre-tax Income, volume of acquired loans, low defect and repurchase rates, high customer satisfaction and high employee engagement, diversity and inclusion.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Grow and develop an efficient, scalable correspondent lending platform focused on delivering a consistent quality service experience for both Ocwen’s clients and their customers.
- Lead correspondent production as well as manage all aspects of the business.
- Create and drive a correspondent lending strategy to achieve the desired loan mix, financial returns and risk profile.
- Recruit top performing salespeople and further develop correspondent internal talent.
- Work with functions from across the organization to develop a Correspondent strategy (finance, risk, information technology, legal, and compliance) aligning with Ocwen’s overall strategy.
The successful candidate will have successfully managed a multi execution correspondent channel, have access to key talent and the ability to move quickly in a highly ethical and compliant organization. This leader will take our platform to a level where it can successfully compete with anyone in the industry.
- 15+ years of experience in senior leadership roles within the Mortgage industry, specifically leading correspondent businesses.
- Built very high performing teams that can deliver responsible, profitable growth in a compliance oriented culture.
- Successful in both attracting top-caliber external talent and identifying and developing high performers/high potentials internally.
- Strong bias for action, with a track record of executing against challenging objectives.
- Able to create credible and compelling strategies and plans that energize others. Brings broad knowledge and thinking to issues and opportunities as well as an ability to anticipate future trends and consequences accurately.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills. Able to evaluate results and identify drivers and levers. Able to assess a solution and anticipate near- and long-term effects and implications.
- Understands and meets the needs of customers. Develops plans and strategies with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains trust and respect with customers.
- Makes fact based, data driven decisions and uses data and metrics to hold the team accountable for measurable results. Identifies opportunity for improvement by articulating possibilities, defining a clear and compelling path forward, and inspiring and enrolling others to accomplish results.
- Detail-oriented without losing sight of the bigger picture and vision.
- Able to manage multiple initiatives and priorities concurrently, and to set priorities and manage expectations of stakeholders.
- Demonstrates and inspires teamwork and collaboration. Able to work effectively with matrix resources.
- High degree of accountability. Holds self and others to high standards
- Integrity: always do the right thing.
- Judgement: effectively deal with the gray.
- Transparency: open and honest communication; early escalation; no hidden agendas.
- Respect: treat others with dignity and be respectful.
- Resiliency: tolerate dynamic conditions without undue frustration.
- Pragmatic: stay calm, act with focus and purpose, even when facing challenge and uncertainty.
- Passion: demonstrate positive excitement and conviction for what you do and needs to get done.
- Ownership: take responsibility for everything in your organization even when it’s not your fault.
- Self-Motivation: personal drive to achieve, commitment to personal / organizational goals, initiative to act on opportunities and challenges, and optimism in the face of set-backs.
- Hunger: willing to throw head, heart and hands into a job.
- Humility: don’t have to be the smartest person in the room, give credit to others, willing to do any job to help the organization or team succeed.
- Desire to Win: super competitive yet understand that the competition is outside the building.
- Empathy: the ability to discern what someone else is thinking or feeling and then responding in some appropriate way.
- Independent Thinker: analytical, the ability to make sense of things based on one’s experiences and observations; not flustered by criticism or challenge and willing to stand for convictions.
- Intellectual Curiosity: passion for continuous learning and understanding “why.”
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Ocwen and its subsidiaries are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.