Under the supervision of the Wholesale Field Sales Leader, the Business Development Manager’s responsibilities include developing and operating a regional wholesale sales channel including developing new territories throughout their areas and increasing monthly volume through continuing development of new relationships and maintaining existing relationships.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Educate and pre-qualify potential partners on working with Liberty Home Equity for wholesale reverse mortgages
- Work with potential partners to get to approved status with Liberty
- Train brokers on reverse mortgages and on Liberty’s processes
- Interact with existing customers to build and maintain strong business relationships
- Utilize company Broker Portal and other online origination systems to generate reverse applications
- Maintain active communication with the operations team concerning partner needs
- Create increased broker contacts by continual prospecting of new brokers through phone and face to face contact
- Attend industry conferences to generate new leads and potential partner contacts
- Attend all trainings, sales meetings and orientations as directed by the Vice President of Wholesale Lending
- Knowledge of the reverse mortgage industry preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent military experience
- Minimum three years of recent business to business sales experience with a proven record of achieving or exceeding sales expectations.
- Minimum three plus years of recent wholesale sales in the mortgage industry with a proven record of achieving or exceeding sales expectations preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, specifically PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, Excel and Outlook
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: Liberty Reverse Mortgage
Who We Are
Liberty Reverse is one of the largest and most experienced reverse mortgage lenders in the U.S. For over fifteen years, we’ve delivered education, home equity solutions, and personal care to over 60,000 senior homeowners and over 1,000 mortgage partners. Headquartered in Rancho Cordova, CA, Liberty provides reverse mortgage solutions including Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM) and proprietary reverse mortgage loans to retail consumers, wholesale, and correspondent partners.
Liberty Reverse was recently named one of the Best Mortgage Companies to Work for by National Mortgage News for 2019. When you join Liberty, you join a culture which is Vibrant, Inclusive and Cares for you and your community. Every day, we strive to foster a culture where all our team members are respected, valued and empowered. Liberty employees are passionate about customer service, committed to teamwork and dedicated to success. The atmosphere is fast-paced and challenging – and there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career, whether you’re pursuing management, learning multiple disciplines and/or becoming a subject matter expert in your field. We believe in empowering our employees to explore new ideas, take initiatives for change, and continuously improve our performance. And, as part of the Liberty family, you’ll build long-term relationships in your career here.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.