To provide and maintain excellent customer relations by ensuring customer inquiries are handled in a prompt, efficient, courteous, effective and professional manner. Collect loan payments and resolve delinquent customer loans by leveraging retention and liquidation strategies. Manage customer contact through inbound call queues and outbound dialer campaigns. Adhere to investor servicing guidelines and internal policies and procedures.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Attempt to contact, via telephone, customers who are delinquent with their mortgage loan payments
- Answer incoming calls from customers who are delinquent with their mortgage loan payments
- Probe customers to determine why they are delinquent with their mortgage loan payments and determine how we can best assist them with resolving the delinquency through completion of a financial interview in Back in the Black.
- Research and resolve issues that impact the mortgage loan due date and creating a delinquent situation
- Document repayment agreements in mortgage systems
- Ensure loss mitigation request for assistance packages are sent to, completed and returned by homeowners in a timely manner
- Communicate with authorized third parties as required.
- Research customer contact information (a.k.a. skip trace) that is not readily available
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in a customer service or collections environment preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with conflict and resolve accordingly
- Adapts well in a changing environment
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.