This position reports directly to the Director, Human Resources and is responsible for supporting all human resources lifecycle activities. This will include, but is not limited to, coaching and working with managers on performance management concerns up to and including supporting employment-related investigations, leave of absence escalations and the workplace accommodation process. In addition, the HR Generalist will support general employee and manager queries, helping to shape a positive employee experience and the offboarding of employees, in addition they will support the wider HR team in US led initiatives and manage key leave and unemployment processes. The ideal candidate will be a team builder, an expert communicator and coach, striving for continuous improvement in systems and processes and take the initiative to achieve the Company's goals and objectives as well as exhibiting a strong sense of urgency.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
Support for US HR Team
- Support HR Business Partner (HRBP) team to drive communication and change management of new initiatives and human resources lifecycle initiatives as assigned
- Manage the unemployment claims for the US based employees; supply and complete required responses for third party provider, support preparation for and participate in unemployment hearings as needed
- Ensure proper administration of and compliance with all Federal and State/Provincial laws and regulations including labor, wage, EEO and, ADA
- Partner with the Benefits Team to manage escalated leave of absence and return from leave for all US based employees
Support for the Originations Team
- Partner with leaders regarding employee performance and where required support the corrective action and performance improvement plan process and delivery
- Ensure proper implementation and employee compliance with HR policies and procedures
- Support the effective offboarding of exiting employees, including but not limited to exit interviews
- Provides administrative support in HR Systems to the channel
- Assist business units in ad hoc reporting requests
- Builds partnerships with business leaders in the organization and provide HR / business support
- Partner with the HRBPs in developing and assisting in implementing plans that successfully reduce employee attrition
- Partner with Recruitment on the effective talent attraction and recruitment of new employees
- Partner with Training and Development and Talent Management on career progression
- Drive and support employee engagement, diversity and service excellence initiatives
- Provide feedback and coaching to leadership to assist in development
- Communicate effectively and influence across all levels and functions including ability to partner and build rapport with all levels of employees
- Support business led initiatives with a Human Capital lens
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and experience:
- Knowledge and 3 to 5 years of experience in U.S. employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, employee relations, safety, employee engagement and employee development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution and employee coaching skills
- Proven high level of accuracy and attention to detail on all duties and responsibilities
- Proven ability to identify opportunities for streamlining and enhancing policies and procedures to create a best in class Human Capital solution
- Experienced and comfortable coaching and guiding managers in delicate situations
- Working knowledge and experience managing the unemployment process, leave of absence and offboarding processes of employees preferred
- Effective organization skills and ability to plan work to meet deadlines, capable of responding to changing priorities, and multi-task
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret various types of data/information (i.e. policies, turnover data, etc.)
- Self-directed/self-starter, possessing the ability to learn quickly and take appropriate action without need for detailed direction
- Strong project management skills
- Effective relationship management skills including the ability to interface confidently with employees and leadership
- Apply logic and methods to solve problems, identifying options for effective solutions and improvements to existing processes or procedures
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to management at various levels
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field is required along with a minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience
- Experience supporting a sales channel or growing business a plus
- PHR and or SPHR certification preferred
- The individual should possess advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, MS Excel and PowerPoint
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Ocwen and its subsidiaries are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.