The Cashiering Specialist will be responsible for the timely disbursement of Home Equity Line of Credit funds to borrowers when requested or on their regular scheduled dates. In addition, this position will be responsible for timely and accurate posting of any payments received from borrowers to pay down their line of credit or to payback any advances made on their behalf.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure reconciliations are accurate and completed on within investor requirements and correct format, and reconciling items are properly identified, researched, and cleared within 90 days.
- Individual will be responsible for reconciling a suite of portfolios each month.
- Will be responsible for working with other parties within Reverse Servicing to clear outages each month.
- Must complete reconciliations in accordance with expectations set by external and internal standards.
- Work directly with senior management at Ocwen, Private and GSE investors, master servicers, and trusts.
- Responsible for reporting to all levels of management within the Investor Services organization at Ocwen and will require excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Learn and understand the correct interpretation of servicing agreements
- Work independently on ad hoc projects and other assignments
- Multi-task and troubleshoot any issues that arise which may have multiple variables that fall outside stipulated guidelines and work closely within the department and with other Ocwen departments to ensure their prompt and accurate resolution.
- Act as a liaison and information resource between the Investor Accounting department and the trust or investor to answer questions and assist in the prompt resolution of any questions they may have or forward their inquiries to the appropriate department or individual for assistance
- High School Diploma / College course work required
- Mortgage experience a plus.
- Candidate demonstrates proven attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Ability to reason and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.