The Reverse Mortgage Trainer is primarily responsible for the documentation, development and delivery of training and education material for Liberty Reverse Mortgage. Working within the training team the corporate trainer is responsible for onboarding new employees, providing sales training for the various sales channels and creating and delivering additional company trainings as needed. The corporate trainer is also responsible for analyzing and evaluating overall training needs, measuring the effectiveness of the training and working with department heads to identify training gaps and new training opportunities.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Works with the Wholesale channel leadership to identify training needs and to create training solutions.
- Oversees and creates an effective training program for all aspects of the organization. This includes product knowledge, new employee onboarding, compliance and technology training.
- Monitors and evaluates training programs to ensure effectiveness.
- Uses technology to create training efficiencies and to track participation and documented knowledge.
- Creates online training classes for both internal and external audiences.
- Works with the department leaders to document, communicate and improve the overall sales process based on targeted segment.
- Evaluates processes to identify deficiencies and opportunities for improvement from training solutions.
- Manage and lead the monthly Immersion training efforts as well as post Immersion sales training.
- Provide continuing and ongoing education to constantly reinforce product, process and sales knowledge.
- Create documentation and training programs as processes, regulations and procedures change.
- Other training and sales efforts as needed and instructed by management.
- Minimum of 5 years of training and education experience.
- Mortgage experience or experience in a related field, such as financial services (reverse mortgage experience strongly preferred).
- High proficiency in technology as it relates to maximizing training effectiveness. Ability to leverage technology to increase efficiencies and cost savings.
- High energy and passion to create and lead training efforts.
- Proficiency in one on one and group coaching and mentoring.
- Proficiency in developing sales processes.
- Proficiency working collaboratively with department leaders to provide support while not managing team members.
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations to senior leaders.
- Proficiency in needs based, consultative sales strategies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities.
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office training software applications.
- Must possess good judgment, leadership and business skills.
- Ability to be a creative, flexible and innovative team player.
Company: Liberty Reverse Mortgage
Who We Are
Liberty Reverse is one of the largest and most experienced reverse mortgage lenders in the U.S. For over fifteen years, we’ve delivered education, home equity solutions, and personal care to over 60,000 senior homeowners and over 1,000 mortgage partners. Headquartered in Rancho Cordova, CA, Liberty provides reverse mortgage solutions including Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM) and proprietary reverse mortgage loans to retail consumers, wholesale, and correspondent partners.
Liberty Reverse was recently named one of the Best Mortgage Companies to Work for by National Mortgage News for 2019. When you join Liberty, you join a culture which is Vibrant, Inclusive and Cares for you and your community. Every day, we strive to foster a culture where all our team members are respected, valued and empowered. Liberty employees are passionate about customer service, committed to teamwork and dedicated to success. The atmosphere is fast-paced and challenging – and there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career, whether you’re pursuing management, learning multiple disciplines and/or becoming a subject matter expert in your field. We believe in empowering our employees to explore new ideas, take initiatives for change, and continuously improve our performance. And, as part of the Liberty family, you’ll build long-term relationships in your career here.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.